Custom Parameters for WFS

Wade Tattersall-2
Hi all,

I have a homebrew (not deegree) WFS running off my server that can provide feature sets that have been clustered or transformed into a voronoi diagram. What's the accepted way of passing additional parameters (eg: voronoi=true, clusterheight=500) to a WFS? At the moment, my WFS simply accepts the additional parameters in a GET request, but I don't know how I would include this in the capabilities document. I would like to be as OGC compliant as possible. I noticed that there is a vendor specific attribute that can be used in a capabilities document, but I couldn't find any examples of its use, so I wasn't sure exactly what it's for.

I appreciate that this isn't degree so not technically relevant, but I figured that subscribers to this list would be better qualified to answer my question than most.

Thanks for your advice,

Wade Tattersall

Re: Custom Parameters for WFS

Andreas Poth
Hi,

please send your mail to the deegree user's list. I guess announcement
list is not the rigth place for questions like this.

best regards

ANDREAS

Wade Tattersall schrieb:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a homebrew (not deegree) WFS running off my server that can
> provide feature sets that have been clustered or transformed into a
> voronoi diagram. What's the accepted way of passing additional
> parameters (eg: voronoi=true, clusterheight=500) to a WFS? At the
> moment, my WFS simply accepts the additional parameters in a GET
> request, but I don't know how I would include this in the capabilities
> document. I would like to be as OGC compliant as possible. I noticed
> that there is a vendor specific attribute that can be used in a
> capabilities document, but I couldn't find any examples of its use, so
> I wasn't sure exactly what it's for.
>
> I appreciate that this isn't degree so not technically relevant, but I
> figured that subscribers to this list would be better qualified to
> answer my question than most.
>
> Thanks for your advice,
>
> Wade Tattersall

>Still grepping through log files to find problems?  Stop.
>Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser.
>Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >> http://get.splunk.com/

Dr. Andreas Poth

l a t / l o n  GmbH
Aennchenstrasse 19            53177 Bonn, Germany
phone ++49 +228 18496-0       fax ++49 +228 18496-29
http://www.lat-lon.de         http://www.deegree.org