Custom CRS error

Amanda Henderson
Hi All,

I'm trying to double check some measurements of volcanoes on Mars. The DEMs I have have a Sinusoidal CRS. I copied this information from the information tab of the layer properties menu and pasted it into the user defined CRS window i n.v the hopes of being able to use these DEMs. But I get an error pop-up that says "The WKT projection definition is not valid: missing ["

I counted all the parentheses and I don't see any place where one would be missing. And I figured if I copied the info straight from the info tab there shouldn't be any issues. But I can't figure this out.

I've been unable to find any helpful step by step guides on how to create a custom CRS, so I'm probably missing something simple.

Anyone who can help I'd be eternally grateful

Re: Custom CRS error

Andrea Giudiceandrea
Hi Amanda,
I hope this
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/issues/6043#issuecomment-682768263
could be helpful to solve your issue.

Otherwise, try to follow this lesson
https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/training_manual/vector_analysis/reproject_transform.html#hard-fa-creating-your-own-projection
and test if it works for you.

What Mars sinusoidal crs definition string are you using?

Regards.

Andrea