Curious if anyone is submitting a workshop for FOSS4G Boston?

Curious if anyone is submitting a workshop for FOSS4G Boston?

Jeffrey Johnson
We will be submitting one about tegola and planning to cover the use
of Maputnik and mapboxgl styles in the client side libraries (ol3 and
mapboxgl-js).

Proposal is here. Would appreciate any feedback and very open to collaborating.

There was also some discussion about setting up a performance shootout
in Boston. Any chance we can pick up that discussion here?

Looking forward to this FOSS4G!

Jeff

Re: Curious if anyone is submitting a workshop for FOSS4G Boston?

Jeffrey Johnson
And how bout that link ...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xQvG5CwtCdAI3TCP44hVS-5WJ3XoN22eMac-76SHBl4/edit

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 9:31 AM, Jeffrey Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We will be submitting one about tegola and planning to cover the use
> of Maputnik and mapboxgl styles in the client side libraries (ol3 and
> mapboxgl-js).
>
> Proposal is here. Would appreciate any feedback and very open to collaborating.
>
> There was also some discussion about setting up a performance shootout
> in Boston. Any chance we can pick up that discussion here?
>
> Looking forward to this FOSS4G!
>
> Jeff

Re: Curious if anyone is submitting a workshop for FOSS4G Boston?

Pirmin Kalberer-6
Hi Jeff,

On Freitag, 10. März 2017 09:31:31 CET Jeffrey Johnson wrote:
> We will be submitting one about tegola and planning to cover the use
> of Maputnik and mapboxgl styles in the client side libraries (ol3 and
> mapboxgl-js).
>
> Proposal is here. Would appreciate any feedback and very open to
> collaborating.
>
> There was also some discussion about setting up a performance shootout
> in Boston. Any chance we can pick up that discussion here?

No plans for a workshop on my side, but I'll definitely submit a presentation.
Either  an overview/comparison of MVT tile server implementations or a talk
dedicated to t-rex.
Next week, I'll prepare presentation for the German speaking FOSS4G starting
at March 22. I'll compare node-mapnik&Co, Tilezen tileserver, Tegola, t-rex,
GeoServer and PostGIS ST_AsMVT. Hopefully my comparison tests can serve as an
input for the performance shootout in Boston. I'll probably work with the
Natural Earth dataset, which has a reasonable size.

Cheers
Pirmin

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 9:52 AM, Pirmin Kalberer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> On Freitag, 10. März 2017 09:31:31 CET Jeffrey Johnson wrote:
>> We will be submitting one about tegola and planning to cover the use
>> of Maputnik and mapboxgl styles in the client side libraries (ol3 and
>> mapboxgl-js).
>>
>> Proposal is here. Would appreciate any feedback and very open to
>> collaborating.
>>
>> There was also some discussion about setting up a performance shootout
>> in Boston. Any chance we can pick up that discussion here?
>
> No plans for a workshop on my side, but I'll definitely submit a presentation.
> Either  an overview/comparison of MVT tile server implementations or a talk
> dedicated to t-rex.
> Next week, I'll prepare presentation for the German speaking FOSS4G starting
> at March 22. I'll compare node-mapnik&Co, Tilezen tileserver, Tegola, t-rex,
> GeoServer and PostGIS ST_AsMVT. Hopefully my comparison tests can serve as an
> input for the performance shootout in Boston. I'll probably work with the
> Natural Earth dataset, which has a reasonable size.

Great! Would love to see this comparison. We also talked about a kind
of panel on using these new fangled languages like go and rust. Maybe
we can submit a joint talk for that?

I'll get in touch with Michael and Guido (LOC) about organizing the
shootout. We are going to be working on a benchmarking framework for
tegola in the next months, so would be great to collaborate on how to
make sure we are testing the right things etc.

Looking forward to seeing you in Boston!

> Cheers
> Pirmin

Re: Curious if anyone is submitting a workshop for FOSS4G Boston?

Björn Harrtell
Looking forward to that Pirmin!

I plan to submit a presentation of ST_AsMVT.

/Björn