Creating a title box

chaste
Hi All,

I'm quite new to using Geoserver and have a question for the more experienced people ;)

I wish to use Geoserver to generate a chart/map. This is constructed from several layers etc. what I then want to be able to do is to overlay a title box. The title box may have areas stating the chart name, the date, the scale etc. Also I would like to maintain a selection of title boxes (different layouts) and be able to choose which box/layout is to be used. Also I would like to have control over where the title box is positioned e.g. top level, top right etc. of the image.

The overall image would be generated from all the dynamic layers PLUS the title box.

I'm just wondering what the recommend/normal approach to doing this is?

I think I'm struggling because I think of the title box positioning in terms of screen/image coordinates where as all the other layers are real world coordinates e.g. lat,lon

Any advice or pointers appreciated!

Thanks

Chris

Re: Creating a title box

chaste
Anyone?

Surely Geoserver must be capable of this or is it purely for delivering imagery for display rather than printing?