Quantcast

Creating a new template

Ryan Zoerb
Hi everyone.  I'd like to make a custom template,  but I'm getting a little hung up on how to go about doing so.  I've found the default templates in WEB-INF/classes/setup/templates, but when I add a new one, it doesn't show up in the template list inside the app.  Are these templates registered somewhere?

Thanks for any help,
Ryan

Re: Creating a new template

Samuel Chávez
Im interested on this topic too... Thanks.

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Ryan Zoerb <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone.  I'd like to make a custom template,  but I'm getting a little hung up on how to go about doing so.  I've found the default templates in WEB-INF/classes/setup/templates, but when I add a new one, it doesn't show up in the template list inside the app.  Are these templates registered somewhere?

Thanks for any help,
Ryan

                   Visita:
       www.infocussite.com
 www.infocussite.com/mancala/

Re: Creating a new template

Heikki Doeleman
hi,

how do you add your new template ?

If you import an XML file you can say in the page where you select the file that it is a template. If you're using the GeoNetwork editor, you can sa at the bottom of the page that this should be saved as a template. In any case you should also check the privileges -- if you want the templae available to everyone, make sure it is visible to group "all".

Does this help you ?

Kind regards
Heikki Doeleman

2010/8/23 Samuel Chávez <[hidden email]>
Im interested on this topic too... Thanks.

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Ryan Zoerb <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone.  I'd like to make a custom template,  but I'm getting a little hung up on how to go about doing so.  I've found the default templates in WEB-INF/classes/setup/templates, but when I add a new one, it doesn't show up in the template list inside the app.  Are these templates registered somewhere?

Thanks for any help,
Ryan

                   Visita:
       www.infocussite.com
 www.infocussite.com/mancala/

Extending metadata guidance required

Andrew Watkins
As we are rolling out GN in our company the inevitable happens, people say both that the ISO19139 schema is too complex and that they also want to add more features to it.

I could create a new profile but I want to do as much as possible in the standard system before I take that path.  The closest starting point to our requirements is the MCP profile.
Here are the changes I wish to make.

1) The ANZLIC-theme.xml codelist for thematic classification of resources would be replaced with a Water and Atmosphere specific one.
i.e AGRICULTURE-Crops to WATER-Wetlands would be replaced with abalone to zooplankton

2) The mcp-allgens.xml MCP Geographic Extent Name Register which lists regions specific to Australia would be replaced with one listing regions specific to New Zealand and Antartica.

Can I gently point out that the NZ in ANZLIC is supposed to be New Zealand and yet NZ is conspicously absent from these ANZLIC standards.

3) We wish to add a project code to the metadata record indicating the project that generated the data.

Is creating a new profile the only way of achieving this?

Thanks Andrew

Andrew Watkins
Systems Development Team Manager
National Institute Water & Atmospheric Research (NIWA).

Re: Extending metadata guidance required

ByronCinNZ
Andrew,

I hear you about users finding the standard to be both to complex and then wanting to extend it

As for points 1 and 2 changing these can be accomplished in the admin interface or by replacing the appropriate xml file. I am in New Zealand too and I agree that New Zealand Place names should be in the standard. But on the other hand, I do not really need Australian place names for a NZ portal.
The best way to fix these is through the Thesauri tab in the admin interface.

Point 3 is more difficult if you really want it to be its own custom element. This can be done but the easier route is to find a close to appropriate unused metadata element and populate it with the project code. Perhaps a parent metadata record could be created for the project and the child records reference it as such. This would be done using the Parent Identifier under Metadata Info.

Cheers,
Byron Cochrane
LISAsoft in NZ

Re: Creating a new template

Francois Prunayre
2010/8/25 Ryan Zoerb <[hidden email]>:
> Thanks for the response Heikki.  So that's how you manually add a template,
> is there any way to add the template somewhere in the GeoNetwork war and
> have it automatically show up in the template list on startup?  I found that
> if you put a template in one of the existing folders under setup/templates,
> it will show up, but not if you add your own.  Is there any way to, for
> example, add a 'test' folder alongside '19139', '19115', ...?
Templates are loaded from the administration interface.
Add or remove templates in the WEB-INF/classes/setup/templates
directory and load them for one or more schema from the admin
interface. They have to be in one specific schema directory not in a
test folder

Cheers.

Francois

> Thanks,
> Ryan
> On Aug 23, 2010, at 4:32 PM, heikki wrote:
>
> hi,
>
> how do you add your new template ?
>
> If you import an XML file you can say in the page where you select the file
> that it is a template. If you're using the GeoNetwork editor, you can sa at
> the bottom of the page that this should be saved as a template. In any case
> you should also check the privileges -- if you want the templae available to
> everyone, make sure it is visible to group "all".
>
> Does this help you ?
>
> Kind regards
> Heikki Doeleman
>

> 2010/8/23 Samuel Chávez <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Im interested on this topic too... Thanks.
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Ryan Zoerb <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone.  I'd like to make a custom template,  but I'm getting a
>>> little hung up on how to go about doing so.  I've found the default
>>> templates in WEB-INF/classes/setup/templates, but when I add a new one, it
>>> doesn't show up in the template list inside the app.  Are these templates
>>> registered somewhere?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help,
>>> Ryan

>>> GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at
>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork
>>

>> --
>>                    Visita:
>>        www.infocussite.com
>>  www.infocussite.com/mancala/

>> GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork

Re: Creating a new template

shruthi
hi every one, im using geonetwork 2.10.3 version and i wanted to create custom template in xml, please any idea how to add custom template to geonetwork ...??
thank you in advance