Create new features using King SL Provider an ADSK Map 2007

Create new features using King SL Provider an ADSK Map 2007

Robert Fritz
Hi,

I'm using Autodesk Map 2007, Oracle XE and the FDO KING SL Oracle
provider. First I copied a ESRI shape file to OraXE using fdo2fdo.
Second I altered the table in OraXE, adding a primary key. Third I
connected to OraXE and loaded the imported spatial data into Map.

I can modify existing objects (geometry or attribute data) but I can not
create new objects. Oracle returns a "cannot insert NULL into" error.
Without the definition of a primary key I could not modifiy existing
objects.

But I saw in the flash movie by Haris that he did the same (copying a
shapefile to ora xe, connecting to oraxe using Autodesk Map, modifying
existing and creating new objects). And he did not do any additional
steps. What did I do wrong? Why can I not create new objects?
Why did I have to create a primary key to modify existing objects and
Haris had not ?

I have just started to use Oracle – so maybe my question is stupid and I
should read the manuals first (which one?)

regards, Robert

RE: Create new features using King SL Provider an ADSK Map2007

Jason Birch
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.