Crashing Titan 0.8.0 Release

John Craddock
Hi all,
I have just struck some weirdness with Win QGIS Titan 0.8.0 Release.
Symptoms:
Crashes on adding new shape file layers to new project.
Crashes on adding new shape file layers to existing project
Does not crash when loading existing projects that use the same shape
files as above.
Shape files that crash can be loaded into Arc Viewer and displayed
QGIS uninstalled and re-installed same problem.
No additional software installed when symptoms commenced.
Re-boots have no effect.
Crash appears to be in module proj.dll according to the Microsoft "do
you want to tell me about it" screen.
Tried the debug version 0.8.0 pre3 - crashed as well.
Can anyone give me some clues where to look?
Please bear in mind that I am not a developer just a user.

Regards
John Craddock

Re: Crashing Titan 0.8.0 Release

Tim Sutton
Hi John

If you dont mind, could you test with the preview 3 version of 0.8.1
that I uploaded a couple of days. It includes quite a few bug fixes
and a from the ground up new build system (thanks Magnus & Martin!).
That will help us focus on bugs that have not been fixed already.

http://qgis.org/uploadfiles/testbuilds/qgis_setup0.8.1preview3.exe

Make sure to completely remove your old version of QGIS, or install
pre3 into a separate directory.

PS I have seen your other questions on the list and will answer them
as soon as I have a few spare minutes - my work is just keeping me
really busy at the moment...

Regards

Tim

2007/3/20, John Craddock <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
> I have just struck some weirdness with Win QGIS Titan 0.8.0 Release.
> Symptoms:
> Crashes on adding new shape file layers to new project.
> Crashes on adding new shape file layers to existing project
> Does not crash when loading existing projects that use the same shape
> files as above.
> Shape files that crash can be loaded into Arc Viewer and displayed
> QGIS uninstalled and re-installed same problem.
> No additional software installed when symptoms commenced.
> Re-boots have no effect.
> Crash appears to be in module proj.dll according to the Microsoft "do
> you want to tell me about it" screen.
> Tried the debug version 0.8.0 pre3 - crashed as well.
> Can anyone give me some clues where to look?
> Please bear in mind that I am not a developer just a user.
>
> Regards
> John Craddock

Tim Sutton

Visit http://qgis.org for a great Open Source GIS
Home Page: http://linfiniti.com
Skype: timlinux
MSN: [hidden email]
Yahoo: [hidden email]
Jabber: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: Crashing Titan 0.8.0 Release

Magnus Homann
John Craddock wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have just struck some weirdness with Win QGIS Titan 0.8.0 Release.
> Symptoms:
> Crashes on adding new shape file layers to new project.
> Crashes on adding new shape file layers to existing project

Does that shape-files have a .prj file? What happens if you remove that
.prj file, does it load?

Can you create a bug at svn.qgis.org/trac and attach the smallest .shp
with .prj that crashes qgis?

Magnus
--
Magnus Homann
[hidden email]

RE: Crashing Titan 0.8.0 Release

John Craddock
Tim,
Titan 0.8.1 pre 3 works fine.
John C

Magnus,
It happened whether or not there was a prj file in the set.
No troubles with 0.8.1 pre 3. So I will run with that now.'
Thanks for your help.
Regards
John C

Re: Crashing Titan 0.8.0 Release