Could not load file or assembly "OSGeo.FDO.dll" or one of its dependencies

Could not load file or assembly "OSGeo.FDO.dll" or one of its dependencies

casper
Hi supporters,

I'm working on an asp.net mvc project with FDO components. I built FDO
project with strong name mode.
I referenced the "OSGeo.FDO.dll" directly in my project. When I debug this
project, The exception "Could not load file or assembly "OSGeo.FDO.dll" or
one of its dependencies" has been thrown. I don't know how to fix this
issue. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/FDO-Users-f3898664.html

Re: Could not load file or assembly "OSGeo.FDO.dll" or one of its dependencies

Jackie Ng
1. You need *all* the dlls in the output directory, not just OSGeo.FDO.dll
2. OSGeo.FDO.* assemblies are not AnyCPU. So you also need to use IIS
express of the correct bitness to match the bitness of these assemblies.

- Jackie

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/FDO-Users-f3898664.html

Compiling assemblies with strong name.

casper
This post was updated on .
Hi Jackie,
I can compile the FDO project with "Any CPU" and sign all OSGeo.FDO.* with
strong name, I just reference OSGeo.FDO.* into my mvc project as following
snapshot:
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t377277/reference.png

I have copied all FDO dependency dlls to bin folder, but the exception is
still thrown as follows:
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t377277/fdoreference.png

The iis express is x86 platform. I haven't any idea on this issue. Any help
you could provide would be appreciated.

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/FDO-Users-f3898664.html

Re: Compiling assemblies with strong name.

Hans Milling
That error is a 32/64 bit mismatch. In other words you are running 64 bit,
but try to load 32 bit dll files or you are running 32 bit but some of your
files are 64 bit.

Try to compile attached console application and run it inside your bin
folder. The application will list all DLL and EXE files (.Net and none .net)
and their bitness (x86, x64 or AnyCPU). This can give you a clear picture if
you have some DLL with the wrong bitness.
Program.cs <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t201518/Program.cs>

Best regards
  Hans Milling...

--