Cors filter in geoserver web.xml crash

emmexx
I added the cors filter to .../opengeo/geoserver/WEB-INF/web.xml.
After restarting tomcat geoserver is no more available and I get a 404
error page when loading the geoserver admin page.

The apache documentation says that the filter can be added in the tomcat
config or in the application config. Is that right for geoserver?

Should I put the filter in a particular position inside the file?

Thank you
        maxx

Re: Cors filter in geoserver web.xml crash

emmexx
Il 10/30/2014 11:29 PM, emmexx scrisse:
> I added the cors filter to .../opengeo/geoserver/WEB-INF/web.xml.
> After restarting tomcat geoserver is no more available and I get a 404
> error page when loading the geoserver admin page.

Probably not a geoserver problem.
The apache cors filter is not available on tomcat6.
I used this cors filter:
http://software.dzhuvinov.com/cors-filter-installation.html

I couldn't manage to let it work on a webapp level (geoserver) and I'm
not sure if it's a geoserver problem or my fault.

Thank you anyway for the OT.

        maxx

Re: Cors filter in geoserver web.xml crash

sbrooke
I've had success too with CORS in GeoServer using this CORS-filter:   com.thetransactioncompany.cors.CORSFilter

I didn't want to rely on CORS support in Tomcat because maybe I want to use Jetty instead for some deployments.

--Steve

Il 10/31/2014 05:17 PM, Stephen Brooke scrisse:
> I've had success too with CORS in GeoServer using this CORS-filter:
> com.thetransactioncompany.cors.CORSFilter

I think it is the same that I linked. :-)

thank you
   maxx