Correct legend display behaviour of swatches

Correct legend display behaviour of swatches

Jackie Ng
Hi All,

In the process of fixing up ticket 2379, I noticed some strange behaviour in how the legend in both the AJAX and Fusion viewers handle layers with both composite and non-composite type styles.

It seems for such a layer, it will show the color swatches of all the types\ styles even though if a composite type style exists in a layer definition, it should take precedence over the other feature type styles in that layer definition (Is this correct? This is how the stylizer determines whether to use basic or advanced stylization right?)

So going by that reasoning, if such a layer (having both composite / non-composite styles) is shown on the legend in the AJAX/Fusion viewer, then we should only be showing the swatches from the composite style and disregard the other styles. Does this sound right?

- Jackie

Re: Correct legend display behaviour of swatches

weltonw
That sounds right to me.  We need the legend rendering to be consistent with the layer rendering.

Walt