Converting metadata from fgdc-std to iso19139

Converting metadata from fgdc-std to iso19139

Glenn Walbran
Hi All

I'm attempting to upgrade an old Geonetwork catalog to version 3.0.5.
The catalog contains some records in the fgdc-std schema.

I have seen many references on the web/mail lists about converting these
to ISO19139 but I'm not sure how this is actually done. Any guidance
would be appreciated.

I have looked for xslt transforms for this in the iso19139 schema but
none of them look like they work for fgdc-std.

Regards

Glenn

Re: Converting metadata from fgdc-std to iso19139

Francois Prunayre
Hi, I don't remember we had any conversion for that in GeoNetwork. Maybe
you could have a look here
https://www.ncddc.noaa.gov/metadata-standards/metadata-xml/ but it looks to
mainly convert to ISO19139-2 which is not supported.

Francois

Le lun. 25 mars 2019 à 03:05, Glenn Walbran <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

> Hi All
>
> I'm attempting to upgrade an old Geonetwork catalog to version 3.0.5.
> The catalog contains some records in the fgdc-std schema.
>
> I have seen many references on the web/mail lists about converting these
> to ISO19139 but I'm not sure how this is actually done. Any guidance
> would be appreciated.
>
> I have looked for xslt transforms for this in the iso19139 schema but
> none of them look like they work for fgdc-std.
>
> Regards
>
> Glenn

Re: Converting metadata from fgdc-std to iso19139

Juan Luis Rodríguez Ponce
Hi,
some time ago we implemented a transformation from FGDC to ISO 19115-3. You
could transform the metadata to that standard and then to ISO 19139

[1]
https://github.com/OpenGeoportal/MetadataToolkit/tree/master/schemas/iso19115-3/src/main/plugin/iso19115-3/convert

Regards,
Juan Luis.

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 11:41 AM Francois Prunayre <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi, I don't remember we had any conversion for that in GeoNetwork. Maybe
> you could have a look here
> https://www.ncddc.noaa.gov/metadata-standards/metadata-xml/ but it looks
> mainly convert to ISO19139-2 which is not supported.
>
> Francois
>
> Le lun. 25 mars 2019 à 03:05, Glenn Walbran <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>
> > Hi All
> >
> > I'm attempting to upgrade an old Geonetwork catalog to version 3.0.5.
> > The catalog contains some records in the fgdc-std schema.
> >
> > I have seen many references on the web/mail lists about converting these
> > to ISO19139 but I'm not sure how this is actually done. Any guidance
> > would be appreciated.
> >
> > I have looked for xslt transforms for this in the iso19139 schema but
> > none of them look like they work for fgdc-std.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Glenn

> > GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork

*Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,Juan Luis Rodríguez.
<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>