Contributions

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Contributions

Aurelien Xavier
Hi,
I would like to know how i could contribute to Mapbender ?

--
Aurelien xavier

_______________________________________________
Mapbender_users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Contributions

eSlider
Hello Aurelien,

Nice to hear!

Here is the contributing guide:
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-starter/blob/release/3.0.6/CONTRIBUTING.md

Andriy Oblivantsev

Am 2017-11-14 11:50, schrieb Aurelien Xavier:

> Hi,
> I would like to know how i could contribute to Mapbender ?
>
> --
>
> Aurelien xavier
> _______________________________________________
> Mapbender_users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users
_______________________________________________
Mapbender_users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Contributions

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello Aurelien,

can you provide some background about you? What would you be interested
to do in Mapbender?

You also could subscribe to the developer mailinng list

https://mapbender3.org/?q=en/node/15

Astrid

Am 2017-11-14 11:57, schrieb [hidden email]:

> Hello Aurelien,
>
> Nice to hear!
>
> Here is the contributing guide:
> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-starter/blob/release/3.0.6/CONTRIBUTING.md
>
> Andriy Oblivantsev
>
> Am 2017-11-14 11:50, schrieb Aurelien Xavier:
>> Hi,
>> I would like to know how i could contribute to Mapbender ?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Aurelien xavier
>> _______________________________________________
>> Mapbender_users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users
> _______________________________________________
> Mapbender_users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users
_______________________________________________
Mapbender_users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Contributions

eSlider
In reply to this post by eSlider
Yes you can write french translations into YAML files:

French:
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/blob/release/3.0.6/src/Mapbender/CoreBundle/Resources/translations/messages.fr.yml

English:
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/blob/release/3.0.6/src/Mapbender/CoreBundle/Resources/translations/messages.en.yml

Another YAML translation files you can find and translate here:

* Mapbender Core:
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/tree/release/3.0.6/src/Mapbender
* Mapbender FOM:  
https://github.com/mapbender/fom/tree/release/3.0.6/src/FOM
* Mapbender Digitizer:
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-digitizer/tree/master/Resources/translations

If there no "messages.fr.yml" file, then just copy "messages.en.yaml" to
"messages.fr.yaml" translate and save it! :)


To test the translation in the running application you need to clean up
application cache from application/app/cache/

And so you can do it right:

`cd application`
`bin/composer clean`

Best Regards
Andriy

Am 2017-11-14 12:05, schrieb Aurelien Xavier:

> Hi andriy,
>
> is it possible for me to translate the website into french ? So french
> speaking could be able to contribute.
>
> 2017-11-14 11:57 GMT+01:00 <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hello Aurelien,
>>
>> Nice to hear!
>>
>> Here is the contributing guide:
>>
> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-starter/blob/release/3.0.6/CONTRIBUTING.md
>> [2]
>>
>> Andriy Oblivantsev
>>
>> Am 2017-11-14 11:50, schrieb Aurelien Xavier:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I would like to know how i could contribute to Mapbender ?
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Aurelien xavier
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Mapbender_users mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users [1]
>
> --
>
> Aurelien xavier
>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users
> [2]
> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-starter/blob/release/3.0.6/CONTRIBUTING.md
_______________________________________________
Mapbender_users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Contributions

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello Aurelien,

great that you would like to help with the translations.

We had a translation spring in August and you find all the translation
imporvements in the branch

https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/tree/hotfix/translations

This branch should be integrated in the new version.

Patrice already updated the french translation.

You find a translation mail here
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapbender_users/2017-July/005259.html

And the ticket here
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/issues/557

You also could help with mapbender translation for OSGeoLive. That would
be very cool.

https://www.transifex.com/osgeo/osgeolive/language/fr/
https://www.transifex.com/osgeo/osgeolive/overview--mapbender_overview/
https://www.transifex.com/osgeo/osgeolive/quickstart--mapbender_quickstart/

>> is it possible for me to translate the website into french ? So french
>> speaking could be able to contribute.

Or do you want to translate the webside or documentation?
doc.mapbender.org ->
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-documentation
mapbender.org -> tbd

Astrid


Am 2017-11-14 12:28, schrieb [hidden email]:

> Yes you can write french translations into YAML files:
>
> French:
> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/blob/release/3.0.6/src/Mapbender/CoreBundle/Resources/translations/messages.fr.yml
>
> English:
> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/blob/release/3.0.6/src/Mapbender/CoreBundle/Resources/translations/messages.en.yml
>
> Another YAML translation files you can find and translate here:
>
> * Mapbender Core:
> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/tree/release/3.0.6/src/Mapbender
> * Mapbender FOM:  
> https://github.com/mapbender/fom/tree/release/3.0.6/src/FOM
> * Mapbender Digitizer:
> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-digitizer/tree/master/Resources/translations
>
> If there no "messages.fr.yml" file, then just copy "messages.en.yaml"
> to "messages.fr.yaml" translate and save it! :)
>
>
> To test the translation in the running application you need to clean
> up application cache from application/app/cache/
>
> And so you can do it right:
>
> `cd application`
> `bin/composer clean`
>
> Best Regards
> Andriy
>
> Am 2017-11-14 12:05, schrieb Aurelien Xavier:
>> Hi andriy,
>>
>> is it possible for me to translate the website into french ? So french
>> speaking could be able to contribute.
>>
>> 2017-11-14 11:57 GMT+01:00 <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> Hello Aurelien,
>>>
>>> Nice to hear!
>>>
>>> Here is the contributing guide:
>>>
>> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-starter/blob/release/3.0.6/CONTRIBUTING.md
>>> [2]
>>>
>>> Andriy Oblivantsev
>>>
>>> Am 2017-11-14 11:50, schrieb Aurelien Xavier:
>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>> I would like to know how i could contribute to Mapbender ?
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>>
>>>> Aurelien xavier
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Mapbender_users mailing list
>>>> [hidden email]
>>>> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users [1]
>>
>> --
>>
>> Aurelien xavier
>>
>> Links:
>> ------
>> [1] https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users
>> [2]
>> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-starter/blob/release/3.0.6/CONTRIBUTING.md
> _______________________________________________
> Mapbender_users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

***********************************
Where2B Konferenz 2017
14. Dezember 2017 in Bonn
www.where2b-conference.com
***********************************

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
-------------------------------
Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm
-------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Mapbender_users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Contributions

Aurelien Xavier
In reply to this post by eSlider
Thanks for the orientation.
But first off, I would like to translate the online documentation in french so, it could be easy to install and configure for non English and german speakers.

How must proceed ?

Regards,

2017-11-14 12:28 GMT+01:00 <[hidden email]>:
Yes you can write french translations into YAML files:

French:
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/blob/release/3.0.6/src/Mapbender/CoreBundle/Resources/translations/messages.fr.yml

English:
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/blob/release/3.0.6/src/Mapbender/CoreBundle/Resources/translations/messages.en.yml

Another YAML translation files you can find and translate here:

* Mapbender Core: https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/tree/release/3.0.6/src/Mapbender
* Mapbender FOM:  https://github.com/mapbender/fom/tree/release/3.0.6/src/FOM
* Mapbender Digitizer: https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-digitizer/tree/master/Resources/translations

If there no "messages.fr.yml" file, then just copy "messages.en.yaml" to "messages.fr.yaml" translate and save it! :)


To test the translation in the running application you need to clean up application cache from application/app/cache/

And so you can do it right:

`cd application`
`bin/composer clean`

Best Regards
Andriy

Am 2017-11-14 12:05, schrieb Aurelien Xavier:
Hi andriy,

is it possible for me to translate the website into french ? So french
speaking could be able to contribute.

2017-11-14 11:57 GMT+01:00 <[hidden email]>:

Hello Aurelien,

Nice to hear!

Here is the contributing guide:

https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-starter/blob/release/3.0.6/CONTRIBUTING.md
[2]

Andriy Oblivantsev

Am 2017-11-14 11:50, schrieb Aurelien Xavier:

Hi,
I would like to know how i could contribute to Mapbender ?

--

Aurelien xavier
_______________________________________________
Mapbender_users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users [1]

--

Aurelien xavier

Links:
------
[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users
[2]
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-starter/blob/release/3.0.6/CONTRIBUTING.md



--
Aurelien xavier

_______________________________________________
Mapbender_users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Contributions

Axel Schaefer
Hi Aurelien.

You can create a fork of the mapbender-documentation and create a
pull-request after your work. If you are going to maintain that french
version, we will be pleased to put you into our Github team, but let's
start with a fork.

I propose to do the Quickstart and the installation first, but do as you
like. I have updated the README file today, which tells you in short
form how to deal with this repository:
https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-documentation/blob/release/3.0.6/README.md


Steps for your content:

- Use the release/3.0.6 branch for your work. Makes it easier for us to
  merge it afterwards.

- Create a fr folder besides de and en folder.

- It should be possible to copy the bundles.rst, development.rst,
  index.rst and thebook.rst to that folder, because the index doesn't
  list pages that aren't available.

- the subfolder book/installation contains the german bzw. english
  installation documentation.

- the file book/quickstart.rst is a nice overview for starters of
  Mapbender.

- If you want to create new images with french labels, please put them
  into a fr subfolder under
  https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-documentation/tree/release/3.0.6/figures

You are also invited to provide documentation for elements, we have a
big update of the german documentation of some elements that will be
available in the 3.0.6 branch.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Axel


Aurelien Xavier writes:

> Thanks for the orientation.
> But first off, I would like to translate the online documentation in french
> so, it could be easy to install and configure for non English and german
> speakers.
>
> How must proceed ?
>
> Regards,
>
> 2017-11-14 12:28 GMT+01:00 <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Yes you can write french translations into YAML files:
>>
>> French:
>> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/blob/release/3.0.6/sr
>> c/Mapbender/CoreBundle/Resources/translations/messages.fr.yml
>>
>> English:
>> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/blob/release/3.0.6/sr
>> c/Mapbender/CoreBundle/Resources/translations/messages.en.yml
>>
>> Another YAML translation files you can find and translate here:
>>
>> * Mapbender Core: https://github.com/mapbender/m
>> apbender/tree/release/3.0.6/src/Mapbender
>> * Mapbender FOM:  https://github.com/mapbender/f
>> om/tree/release/3.0.6/src/FOM
>> * Mapbender Digitizer: https://github.com/mapbender/m
>> apbender-digitizer/tree/master/Resources/translations
>>
>> If there no "messages.fr.yml" file, then just copy "messages.en.yaml" to
>> "messages.fr.yaml" translate and save it! :)
>>
>>
>> To test the translation in the running application you need to clean up
>> application cache from application/app/cache/
>>
>> And so you can do it right:
>>
>> `cd application`
>> `bin/composer clean`
>>
>> Best Regards
>> Andriy
>>
>> Am 2017-11-14 12:05, schrieb Aurelien Xavier:
>>
>>> Hi andriy,
>>>
>>> is it possible for me to translate the website into french ? So french
>>> speaking could be able to contribute.
>>>
>>> 2017-11-14 11:57 GMT+01:00 <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Hello Aurelien,
>>>>
>>>> Nice to hear!
>>>>
>>>> Here is the contributing guide:
>>>>
>>>> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-starter/blob/release/
>>> 3.0.6/CONTRIBUTING.md
>>>
>>>> [2]
>>>>
>>>> Andriy Oblivantsev
>>>>
>>>> Am 2017-11-14 11:50, schrieb Aurelien Xavier:
>>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>> I would like to know how i could contribute to Mapbender ?
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>>
>>>>> Aurelien xavier
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> Mapbender_users mailing list
>>>>> [hidden email]
>>>>> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users [1]
>>>>>
>>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Aurelien xavier
>>>
>>> Links:
>>> ------
>>> [1] https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users
>>> [2]
>>> https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-starter/blob/release/
>>> 3.0.6/CONTRIBUTING.md
>>>
>>


--
Axel Schaefer
WhereGroup GmbH & Co. KG
Eifelstraße 7
53119 Bonn
Germany

Fon: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 23
Fax: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 11

[hidden email]
www.wheregroup.com | www.mapbender.org | www.meldemax.com
Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
-------------------------------
Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm
-------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Mapbender_users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapbender_users