Contributing a Python add-on

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa
Dear all,

I would like to contribute a Python add-on to GRASS named r.mblend [0]. I have read and accept the Legal Aspects of Code Contributions [1]. My OSGeo epithet is Lads [2].

Thank you and regards.

Re: Contributing a Python add-on

Markus Neteler
Dear Luí­s,

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Luí­s Moreira de Sousa
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I would like to contribute a Python add-on to GRASS named r.mblend [0]. I
> have read and accept the Legal Aspects of Code Contributions [1]. My OSGeo
> epithet is Lads [2].
>
> Thank you and regards.
>
> [0] https://github.com/ldesousa/r.mblend
> [1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/RFC/2_LegalAspectsOfCodeContributions
> [2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Lads

... sorry for the delay.

I have created your account and added your record in
"grass-addons/contributors.csv" in r71117.

Here some hints: Please, prior to submission, check your code and
manual contributions against the rules defined in the document
Submitting (and its subsections):

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Submitting
--> Submitting rules

This ensures a smooth integration into the standard GRASS code base
and avoids portability problems.

The "What's next" we addressed here:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/HowToContribute#Thenwhat

Happy coding,
Markus

--
Markus Neteler
GRASS GIS PSC Chair

Re: Contributing a Python add-on

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa
Thank you Markus.

I am going now through the checklist. The pep8config.txt file is supposed to be in /tools but it is not there. Where can I find it?

Thanks.

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Im Grund 6

Phone: +41 (0)79 812 62 65

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to contribute a Python add-on to GRASS named r.mblend [0]. I
> have read and accept the Legal Aspects of Code Contributions [1]. My OSGeo
> epithet is Lads [2].
>
> Thank you and regards.
>
> [0] https://github.com/ldesousa/r.mblend
> [1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/RFC/2_LegalAspectsOfCodeContributions
> [2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Lads

... sorry for the delay.

I have created your account and added your record in
"grass-addons/contributors.csv" in r71117.

Here some hints: Please, prior to submission, check your code and
manual contributions against the rules defined in the document
Submitting (and its subsections):

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Submitting
--> Submitting rules

This ensures a smooth integration into the standard GRASS code base
and avoids portability problems.

The "What's next" we addressed here:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/HowToContribute#Thenwhat

Happy coding,
Markus

--
Markus Neteler
GRASS GIS PSC Chair
http://grass.osgeo.org

Re: Contributing a Python add-on

Moritz Lennert
On 24/05/17 09:48, Luí­s Moreira de Sousa wrote:
> Thank you Markus.
>
> I am going now through the checklist. The pep8config.txt file is
> supposed to be in /tools but it is not there. Where can I find it?

It's in the source tree in the tools directory, which is at the same
level as the vector, raster, lib, etc directories:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/tools

Moritz

> Thanks.
>
> --
> Luís Moreira de Sousa
> Im Grund 6
> CH-8600 Dübendorf
> Switzerland
>
> Phone: +41 (0)79 812 62 65
> Email: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Thank you all for your help.

I have now added the add-on to the repository [0]. The manual compiled sucessfully and is showing the necessary information[1].

If there is anything wrong please let know. Regards.

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Im Grund 6

Phone: +41 (0)79 812 62 65