Consider a 7.4.2 release?

Lime, Steve D (MNIT)
There have been a few backports recently, might be worth kicking out a 7.4.2. Any objections? —Steve

Re: Consider a 7.4.2 release?

Seth G-2
+1 - a few performance increases and memory leaks fixed, so sounds good to me.

Seth

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019, at 3:08 PM, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:
There have been a few backports recently, might be worth kicking out a 7.4.2. Any objections? —Steve

Re: Consider a 7.4.2 release?

Tom Kralidis
+1

..Tom

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 9, 2019, at 10:20, Seth G <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1 - a few performance increases and memory leaks fixed, so sounds good to me.
>
> Seth
>

>> On Mon, Sep 9, 2019, at 3:08 PM, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:
>> There have been a few backports recently, might be worth kicking out a 7.4.2. Any objections? —Steve

Re: Consider a 7.4.2 release?

Tamas Szekeres
+1

Tamas

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) <[hidden email]> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. szept. 9., H, 15:08):
There have been a few backports recently, might be worth kicking out a 7.4.2. Any objections? —Steve

Re: Consider a 7.4.2 release?

Daniel Morissette
+1

Daniel

On 2019-09-09 09:08, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:
> There have been a few backports recently, might be worth kicking out a
> 7.4.2. Any objections? —Steve

Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc
T: +1 418-696-5056 #201

Re: Consider a 7.4.2 release?

Even Rouault-2
On lundi 9 septembre 2019 16:20:18 CEST Seth G wrote:
> +1 - a few performance increases and memory leaks fixed, so sounds good to

Seth, which memory leaks fix are you taking about ?

As far as I can see
(https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/commits/branch-7-4
), there are just 3 commits in branch-7-4 since 7.4.1:

- https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/commit/cdde556308774d734cbc8ba8afbf4753832b22e4
 MSSQL2008: deal with termination '$' at end of regular expression.

- https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/commit/5be27642a63b8ad238514244e7a58cf55bfed154
Fix Undefined symbols compile error on macOS.

- https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/commit/e6f82e9ee9c862d31fc3112576a3feb0226a8f81
Remove MakeValid() calls as these disable spatial indexes (#5859)

If more things need to be in 7.4.2, they need to be explicitly backported.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Consider a 7.4.2 release?

Seth G-2
Sorry Even I thought the recent pull requests you added had also been backported (e.g. https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/5853),

Seth

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk
twitter: @geographika

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019, at 6:20 PM, Even Rouault wrote:

> On lundi 9 septembre 2019 16:20:18 CEST Seth G wrote:
> > +1 - a few performance increases and memory leaks fixed, so sounds good to
>
> Seth, which memory leaks fix are you taking about ?
>
> As far as I can see
> (https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/commits/branch-7-4
> ), there are just 3 commits in branch-7-4 since 7.4.1:
>
> -
> https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/commit/cdde556308774d734cbc8ba8afbf4753832b22e4
>  MSSQL2008: deal with termination '$' at end of regular expression.
>
> -
> https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/commit/5be27642a63b8ad238514244e7a58cf55bfed154
> Fix Undefined symbols compile error on macOS.
>
> -
> https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/commit/e6f82e9ee9c862d31fc3112576a3feb0226a8f81
> Remove MakeValid() calls as these disable spatial indexes (#5859)
>
> If more things need to be in 7.4.2, they need to be explicitly backported.
>
> Even

> http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Consider a 7.4.2 release?

Michael Smith
+1

Mike

    On 2019-09-09 09:08, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:
    > There have been a few backports recently, might be worth kicking out a
    > 7.4.2. Any objections? —Steve

    Daniel Morissette
    Mapgears Inc
    T: +1 418-696-5056 #201

Re: Consider a 7.4.2 release?

Even Rouault-2
On lundi 9 septembre 2019 18:33:59 CEST Seth G wrote:
> Sorry Even I thought the recent pull requests you added had also been
> backported (e.g. https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/5853),

No I haven't (yet?) backported that one (part of it is probably master only
and related to the recent SLD changes). Actually this was just preliminary
work for the many more memory leak fixes contained in
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/5855 which isn't merged yet. Part
of that should be relatively safe, but some parts might be slightly risky, so
I'm not completely sure how safe this is to backport in a stable branch.
My main goal was to have a Travis-CI job running with address sanitizer
enabled so that new work, for its parts exerciced by msautotest, is leak free,
rather than fixing leaks that are really production critical issues (some
might... depends on long living your MapServer process is)

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Consider a 7.4.2 release?

jmckenna
Administrator
+1 jeff

On 2019-09-09 10:08 AM, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:
> There have been a few backports recently, might be worth kicking out a
> 7.4.2. Any objections? —Steve

Re: Consider a 7.4.2 release?

jratike80

+1

-Jukka-

Re: Consider a 7.4.2 release?

Lime, Steve D (MNIT)

Lots of +1’s so let’s shoot for Friday 9/13. I can cut the release in the morning. Jeff, are you able to update the website? --Steve

There have been a few backports recently, might be worth kicking out a 7.4.2. Any objections? —Steve

Re: Consider a 7.4.2 release?

jmckenna
Administrator
Available yes, now that I have power after the hurricane :)  Willdo
Friday.  -jeff