Connecting GN3.4 to Oracle on a remote server [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Connecting GN3.4 to Oracle on a remote server [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bleys, Evert-3
Hi Guys
Can anyone provide "Connecting GN to Oracle for dummies"
   Every time/thing I try causes tomcat to fail

      Both servers are within my internal environment
                One is Linux VM (GN 3.4.1) the other an old Solaris box (Oracle 10g)
          I had had GN 2.10 in the dev environment talking to the Oracle instance
   But GN 3.4 connection eludes me

/apps/tomcat/djakata/apache-tomcat-8.5.11/webapps/geonetwork/WEB-INF/config-node/srv.xml
  <!-- Uncomment the database configuration you need to use -->
  <import resource="../config-db/oracle.xml"/>

/apps/tomcat/jakata/apache-tomcat-8.5.11/webapps/geonetwork/WEB-INF/config-db/jdbc.properties
(values have been changed)
#username
jdbc.username=store_gn_prod
#password
jdbc.password=XXXXXXXXXXXXX
#SID=ABCD
jdbc.database=ABCD
#host=oraclesrv01.abc.com.au
jdbc.host= oraclesrv01.abc.com.au
#port no = default 1521
jdbc.port=1521

Your assistance would be gratefully received

Cheers

[cid:image002.png@01D3E164.27967F70]
BLEYS Evert Mr
Data Manager
Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
GPO Box 858 Canberra City   ACT   Australia   2601
44 Mort St   Braddon   ACT   2612
Ph: +61 (0)2 6272 5627
Email: [hidden email]

------
IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments have been issued by the Australian Government Department of Agriculture and Water Resources. The material transmitted is for the use of the intended recipient only and may contain confidential, legally privileged, copyright or personal information. You should not copy, use or disclose it without authorisation from the Department. It is your responsibility to check any attachments for viruses and defects before opening or forwarding them.

If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender of this email at once by return email and then delete both messages. Unintended recipients must not copy, use, disclose, rely on or publish this email or attachments. The Department of Agriculture and Water Resources is not liable for any loss or damage resulting from unauthorised use or dissemination of, or any reliance on, this email or attachments.

If you have received this e-mail as part of a valid mailing list and no longer want to receive a message such as this one, advise the sender by return e-mail accordingly. This notice should not be deleted or altered
------

image002.png (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Connecting GN3.4 to Oracle on a remote server [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Jose Garcia
Hi Evert

Can you share the geonetwork log file to check in more detail the errors?

Regards,
Jose García

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 7:50 AM, Bleys, Evert <[hidden email]

<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>