Conference Europe Committee, ask questions to prolosal

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Conference Europe Committee, ask questions to prolosal

Jachym Cepicky
Hi all, 

I would like to open short queation period to the one proposal we have for the Foss4g-Europe 2018 conference. 

The period should end by end of this week, so we could move one latest next week.

Members of the conference committee (and others too), please speak up.

Jachym

_______________________________________________
Conference-Europe mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Conference Europe Committee, ask questions to prolosal

Jorge Gustavo Rocha
Dear committee members,

There is so much life in the community beyond the OSGeo elections :-)

Back to planet earth, we need a formal approval of our proposal to
continue the FOSS4G-Europe preparation.

Best regards,

Jorge Gustavo

On 17-10-2017 07:30, Jachym Cepicky wrote:

> Hi all, 
>
> I would like to open short queation period to the one proposal we have
> for the Foss4g-Europe 2018 conference. 
>
> The period should end by end of this week, so we could move one latest
> next week.
>
> Members of the conference committee (and others too), please speak up.
>
> Jachym
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Conference-Europe mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe
>

J. Gustavo
--
Jorge Gustavo Rocha
Departamento de Informática
Universidade do Minho
4710-057 Braga
Tel: +351 253604480
Fax: +351 253604471
Móvel: +351 910333888
skype: nabocudnosor
_______________________________________________
Conference-Europe mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Conference Europe Committee, ask questions to prolosal

Jachym Cepicky
Hi all, during this period, we never were crowded by e-mails. And it also falls into the board and charter member elections.

Still, since there are no questions, I would like to start motion on this:

I move to approve the FOSS4G-Europe proposal as presented here and kindly ask the team to organise FOSS4G-Europe 2018 for us.

And here goes my +1

Thank you

Jachym

po 30. 10. 2017 v 14:15 odesílatel Jorge Gustavo Rocha <[hidden email]> napsal:
Dear committee members,

There is so much life in the community beyond the OSGeo elections :-)

Back to planet earth, we need a formal approval of our proposal to
continue the FOSS4G-Europe preparation.

Best regards,

Jorge Gustavo

On 17-10-2017 07:30, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> Hi all, 
>
> I would like to open short queation period to the one proposal we have
> for the Foss4g-Europe 2018 conference. 
>
> The period should end by end of this week, so we could move one latest
> next week.
>
> Members of the conference committee (and others too), please speak up.
>
> Jachym
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Conference-Europe mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe
>

J. Gustavo
--
Jorge Gustavo Rocha
Departamento de Informática
Universidade do Minho
4710-057 Braga
Tel: <a href="tel:+351%20253%20604%20480" value="+351253604480" target="_blank">+351 253604480
Fax: <a href="tel:+351%20253%20604%20471" value="+351253604471" target="_blank">+351 253604471
Móvel: <a href="tel:+351%20910%20333%20888" value="+351910333888" target="_blank">+351 910333888
skype: nabocudnosor
_______________________________________________
Conference-Europe mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe

_______________________________________________
Conference-Europe mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Conference Europe Committee, ask questions to prolosal

jmckenna
Administrator


On 2017-10-30 7:08 PM, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
>
> I move to approve the FOSS4G-Europe proposal as presented here and
> kindly ask the team to organise FOSS4G-Europe 2018 for us.
>
> And here goes my +1
>

my vote: +1

Dear Jorge and the 2018 team,

Thanks for your great proposal.  Here are some comments:

- excellent that you also included a financial budget.  I noticed that
you have a line item for renting 12 computer workstations for workshops:
is your plan to leverage the existing workstations at the University of
Minho for all workshops?  Or, what is your plan for the 12 machines?


- I hope you can also begin to draft a logo for the event, that includes
the FOSS4G ribbon of course :) But I know you already have great
experience with that, through the SASIG event
(http://osgeopt.pt/sasig2017/images/logo.png)

Thanks for sharing your passion.  Your team and plan looks great.

-jeff





_______________________________________________
Conference-Europe mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Conference Europe Committee, ask questions to prolosal

jmckenna
Administrator
In reply to this post by Jachym Cepicky
Jachym: I've added links to the proposal documents on
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference-Europe-2018  -jeff




On 2017-10-30 7:08 PM, Jachym Cepicky wrote:

> Hi all, during this period, we never were crowded by e-mails. And it
> also falls into the board and charter member elections.
>
> Still, since there are no questions, I would like to start motion on this:
>
> I move to approve the FOSS4G-Europe proposal as presented here and
> kindly ask the team to organise FOSS4G-Europe 2018 for us.
>
> And here goes my +1
>
> Thank you
>
> Jachym
>
_______________________________________________
Conference-Europe mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Conference Europe Committee, ask questions to prolosal

Jorge Gustavo Rocha
In reply to this post by jmckenna
Hi Jeff,

On 31-10-2017 12:39, Jeff McKenna wrote:

>
>
> On 2017-10-30 7:08 PM, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
>>
>> I move to approve the FOSS4G-Europe proposal as presented here and
>> kindly ask the team to organise FOSS4G-Europe 2018 for us.
>>
>> And here goes my +1
>>
>
> my vote: +1
>
> Dear Jorge and the 2018 team,
>
> Thanks for your great proposal.  Here are some comments:
>
> - excellent that you also included a financial budget.  I noticed that
> you have a line item for renting 12 computer workstations for workshops:
> is your plan to leverage the existing workstations at the University of
> Minho for all workshops?  Or, what is your plan for the 12 machines?
>

We don't know if we should provide computers from some workshops or just
the room and each one brings his own computer. Can we decide right now
that there are no computers available or it is better to have computers
for people travelling without laptops? What do you think?

We will try to use the available computer labs from the university, but
we don't know yet if they will charge us for that. There are not much
computer labs at the university any more, because students prefers to
bring their own computers. Basically we added this item for computer
rentals if we need an extra room with computers, but we hope that will
not be necessary.

>
> - I hope you can also begin to draft a logo for the event, that includes
> the FOSS4G ribbon of course :) But I know you already have great
> experience with that, through the SASIG event
> (http://osgeopt.pt/sasig2017/images/logo.png)
>

You give me a very good idea (I need feedback from my co-chairs Maria
and Pedro, to see if they agree, and from Joana Simões - our marketing
chair). We can create a design logo contest to offer free entrance for
the winner. It will help to spread the word and to let someone come
without paying the fee.

> Thanks for sharing your passion.  Your team and plan looks great.
>

Thanks Jeff!

> -jeff
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Conference-Europe mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe

J. Gustavo
--
Jorge Gustavo Rocha
Departamento de Informática
Universidade do Minho
4710-057 Braga
Tel: +351 253604480
Fax: +351 253604471
Móvel: +351 910333888
skype: nabocudnosor
_______________________________________________
Conference-Europe mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Conference Europe Committee, ask questions to prolosal

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Jorge,


On 2017-10-31 1:25 PM, Jorge Gustavo Rocha wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> On 31-10-2017 12:39, Jeff McKenna wrote:
>>
>>
>> On 2017-10-30 7:08 PM, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
>>>
>>> I move to approve the FOSS4G-Europe proposal as presented here and
>>> kindly ask the team to organise FOSS4G-Europe 2018 for us.
>>>
>>> And here goes my +1
>>>
>>
>> my vote: +1
>>
>> Dear Jorge and the 2018 team,
>>
>> Thanks for your great proposal.  Here are some comments:
>>
>> - excellent that you also included a financial budget.  I noticed that
>> you have a line item for renting 12 computer workstations for workshops:
>> is your plan to leverage the existing workstations at the University of
>> Minho for all workshops?  Or, what is your plan for the 12 machines?
>>
>
> We don't know if we should provide computers from some workshops or just
> the room and each one brings his own computer. Can we decide right now
> that there are no computers available or it is better to have computers
> for people travelling without laptops? What do you think?
>
> We will try to use the available computer labs from the university, but
> we don't know yet if they will charge us for that. There are not much
> computer labs at the university any more, because students prefers to
> bring their own computers. Basically we added this item for computer
> rentals if we need an extra room with computers, but we hope that will
> not be necessary.

I think the cost of renting machines is very high for any local
committee for any event, and these days with OSGeo-Live attendees can
come prepared to use their own laptops.  I would say that it is best to
avoid the extra costs of renting machines.  I personally think that it
is ok to assume now that no computers will be available.

I didn't mean to 'micro-manage' you here on this, I can see that you
have a great team in place.  I'm supportive of whatever decisions you make.

>
>>
>> - I hope you can also begin to draft a logo for the event, that includes
>> the FOSS4G ribbon of course :) But I know you already have great
>> experience with that, through the SASIG event
>> (http://osgeopt.pt/sasig2017/images/logo.png)
>>
>
> You give me a very good idea (I need feedback from my co-chairs Maria
> and Pedro, to see if they agree, and from Joana Simões - our marketing
> chair). We can create a design logo contest to offer free entrance for
> the winner. It will help to spread the word and to let someone come
> without paying the fee.
>

Great plan!  A great way to spread the word.

-jeff



_______________________________________________
Conference-Europe mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Conference Europe Committee, ask questions to prolosal

Stefano Campus
In reply to this post by Jachym Cepicky
+1 from Italy.
thank you for your effort

stefano campus





----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 22:08:01 +0000
From: Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]>
To: Jorge Gustavo Rocha <[hidden email]>
Cc: [hidden email], Pedro Pereira
        <[hidden email]>,  Maria Arias de Reyna <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Conference-europe] Conference Europe Committee,   ask
        questions to prolosal
Message-ID:
        <CAAZUH4EogsOGK1Lg=[hidden email]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Hi all, during this period, we never were crowded by e-mails. And it also
falls into the board and charter member elections.

Still, since there are no questions, I would like to start motion on this:

I move to approve the FOSS4G-Europe proposal as presented here and kindly
ask the team to organise FOSS4G-Europe 2018 for us.

And here goes my +1

Thank you

Jachym

po 30. 10. 2017 v 14:15 odesílatel Jorge Gustavo Rocha <[hidden email]>
napsal:

> Dear committee members,
>
> There is so much life in the community beyond the OSGeo elections :-)
>
> Back to planet earth, we need a formal approval of our proposal to
> continue the FOSS4G-Europe preparation.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jorge Gustavo
>
> On 17-10-2017 07:30, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I would like to open short queation period to the one proposal we have
> > for the Foss4g-Europe 2018 conference.
> >
> > The period should end by end of this week, so we could move one latest
> > next week.
> >
> > Members of the conference committee (and others too), please speak up.
> >
> > Jachym
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Conference-Europe mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe
> >
>
> J. Gustavo
> --
> Jorge Gustavo Rocha
> Departamento de Informática
> Universidade do Minho
> 4710-057 Braga
> Tel: <a href="tel:%2B351%20253604480" value="+351253604480">+351 253604480 <+351%20253%20604%20480>
> Fax: <a href="tel:%2B351%20253604471" value="+351253604471">+351 253604471 <+351%20253%20604%20471>
> Móvel: <a href="tel:%2B351%20910333888" value="+351910333888">+351 910333888 <+351%20910%20333%20888>
> skype: nabocudnosor
> _______________________________________________
> Conference-Europe mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe
>
************************************************


_______________________________________________
Conference-Europe mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 2018 Motion passed

Jachym Cepicky
Hi all,

I received another 11 "+1" votes offlist, no complains, everybody is very positive. 

I would like to declare the motion "passed" and would like to ask Jorge and his team, if could organise FOSS4G-Europe conference in the year 2018 - I hope, it's not too late.

There was always possibility to ask by OSGeo for some seeding money, you might need for starter. We all also expect, that you will be calling for volunteers. You have our support and hopefully also helping hands - please do not hesitate to ask for it. This is our conference - and people usually want to help it happen.

Thank you 

Jachym

P.S. Sorry, it took so long - I hope, you can still work with it.


čt 2. 11. 2017 v 9:47 odesílatel Stefano Campus <[hidden email]> napsal:
+1 from Italy.
thank you for your effort

stefano campus





----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 22:08:01 +0000
From: Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]>
To: Jorge Gustavo Rocha <[hidden email]>
Cc: [hidden email], Pedro Pereira
        <[hidden email]>,  Maria Arias de Reyna <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Conference-europe] Conference Europe Committee,   ask
        questions to prolosal
Message-ID:
        <CAAZUH4EogsOGK1Lg=[hidden email]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"


Hi all, during this period, we never were crowded by e-mails. And it also
falls into the board and charter member elections.

Still, since there are no questions, I would like to start motion on this:

I move to approve the FOSS4G-Europe proposal as presented here and kindly
ask the team to organise FOSS4G-Europe 2018 for us.

And here goes my +1

Thank you

Jachym

po 30. 10. 2017 v 14:15 odesílatel Jorge Gustavo Rocha <[hidden email]>
napsal:

> Dear committee members,
>
> There is so much life in the community beyond the OSGeo elections :-)
>
> Back to planet earth, we need a formal approval of our proposal to
> continue the FOSS4G-Europe preparation.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jorge Gustavo
>
> On 17-10-2017 07:30, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I would like to open short queation period to the one proposal we have
> > for the Foss4g-Europe 2018 conference.
> >
> > The period should end by end of this week, so we could move one latest
> > next week.
> >
> > Members of the conference committee (and others too), please speak up.
> >
> > Jachym
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Conference-Europe mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe
> >
>
> J. Gustavo
> --
> Jorge Gustavo Rocha
> Departamento de Informática
> Universidade do Minho
> 4710-057 Braga
> Tel: <a href="tel:%2B351%20253604480" value="+351253604480" target="_blank">+351 253604480 <+351%20253%20604%20480>
> Fax: <a href="tel:%2B351%20253604471" value="+351253604471" target="_blank">+351 253604471 <+351%20253%20604%20471>
> Móvel: <a href="tel:%2B351%20910333888" value="+351910333888" target="_blank">+351 910333888 <+351%20910%20333%20888>
> skype: nabocudnosor

> _______________________________________________
> Conference-Europe mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe
>
************************************************

_______________________________________________
Conference-Europe mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe

_______________________________________________
Conference-Europe mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 2018 Motion passed

jmckenna
Administrator
Huge news!  Jorge please also consider submitting an OSGeo news item
(just an email, as described at
http://www.osgeo.org/content/news/submit_news.html) so that this news is
magically posted and shared, whenever you are ready.  Congrats!  -jeff



On 2017-11-02 8:37 PM, Jachym Cepicky wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I received another 11 "+1" votes offlist, no complains, everybody is
> very positive.
>
> I would like to declare the motion "passed" and would like to ask Jorge
> and his team, if could organise FOSS4G-Europe conference in the year
> 2018 - I hope, it's not too late.
>
> There was always possibility to ask by OSGeo for some seeding money, you
> might need for starter. We all also expect, that you will be calling for
> volunteers. You have our support and hopefully also helping hands -
> please do not hesitate to ask for it. This is our conference - and
> people usually want to help it happen.
>
> Thank you
>
> Jachym
>
> P.S. Sorry, it took so long - I hope, you can still work with it.
>
>
> čt 2. 11. 2017 v 9:47 odesílatel Stefano Campus <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> napsal:
>
>     +1 from Italy.
>     thank you for your effort
>
>     stefano campus
>
>
>
>
>
>         ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>         Message: 1
>         Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 22:08:01 +0000
>         From: Jachym Cepicky <[hidden email]
>         <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>         To: Jorge Gustavo Rocha <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>         Cc: [hidden email]
>         <mailto:[hidden email]>, Pedro Pereira
>                  <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>,
>         Maria Arias de Reyna <[hidden email]
>         <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>         Subject: Re: [Conference-europe] Conference Europe Committee,   ask
>                  questions to prolosal
>         Message-ID:
>                
>         <CAAZUH4EogsOGK1Lg=[hidden email]
>         <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>         Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
>
>
>         Hi all, during this period, we never were crowded by e-mails.
>         And it also
>         falls into the board and charter member elections.
>
>         Still, since there are no questions, I would like to start
>         motion on this:
>
>         I move to approve the FOSS4G-Europe proposal as presented here
>         and kindly
>         ask the team to organise FOSS4G-Europe 2018 for us.
>
>         And here goes my +1
>
>         Thank you
>
>         Jachym
>
>         po 30. 10. 2017 v 14:15 odesílatel Jorge Gustavo Rocha
>         <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>         napsal:
>
>          > Dear committee members,
>          >
>          > There is so much life in the community beyond the OSGeo
>         elections :-)
>          >
>          > Back to planet earth, we need a formal approval of our
>         proposal to
>          > continue the FOSS4G-Europe preparation.
>          >
>          > Best regards,
>          >
>          > Jorge Gustavo
>          >
>          > On 17-10-2017 07:30, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
>          > > Hi all,
>          > >
>          > > I would like to open short queation period to the one
>         proposal we have
>          > > for the Foss4g-Europe 2018 conference.
>          > >
>          > > The period should end by end of this week, so we could move
>         one latest
>          > > next week.
>          > >
>          > > Members of the conference committee (and others too),
>         please speak up.
>          > >
>          > > Jachym
>          > >
>          > >
>          > > _______________________________________________
>          > > Conference-Europe mailing list
>          > > [hidden email]
>         <mailto:[hidden email]>
>          > > https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe
>          > >
>          >
>          > J. Gustavo
>          > --
>          > Jorge Gustavo Rocha
>          > Departamento de Informática
>          > Universidade do Minho
>          > 4710-057 Braga
>
>          > Tel: +351 253604480 <tel:%2B351%20253604480>
>         <+351%20253%20604%20480>
>          > Fax: +351 253604471 <tel:%2B351%20253604471>
>         <+351%20253%20604%20471>
>          > Móvel: +351 910333888 <tel:%2B351%20910333888>
>         <+351%20910%20333%20888>
>          > skype: nabocudnosor
>
>
>          > _______________________________________________
>          > Conference-Europe mailing list
>          > [hidden email]
>         <mailto:[hidden email]>
>          > https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe
>          >
>
>         ************************************************
>
>
>     _______________________________________________
>     Conference-Europe mailing list
>     [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe
>
>
>
_______________________________________________
Conference-Europe mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference-europe