Completed proposal?

Ben Caradoc-Davies
I have moved the OnlineTestCase proposal to
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/2.6.x
as it is complete. Is this the right place for it? Or should this be
done by the release team?

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <[hidden email]>
Software Engineer, CSIRO Exploration and Mining

Re: Completed proposal?

jody.garnett
You got it; if you had a jira bug associated with this proposal you could of closed it as well; jira tends to be used when there is a bunch of coding to be done associated with the change.

In general we try and do the work as the change occurs; so everything is "release ready".
Jody

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Ben Caradoc-Davies <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have moved the OnlineTestCase proposal to
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/2.6.x
as it is complete. Is this the right place for it? Or should this be
done by the release team?

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <[hidden email]>
Software Engineer, CSIRO Exploration and Mining
Australian Resources Research Centre
26 Dick Perry Ave, Kensington WA 6151, Australia

Re: Completed proposal?

Ben Caradoc-Davies
There is a Jira issue for the proposal. I have resolved but not closed
it. In corporate practice, closing of issues is a management task. Who
does this in the GeoTools anarcho-syndicalist commune? Do we just skip
ahead and close every resolved issue? Or let the module maintainer do it?

Jody Garnett wrote:

> You got it; if you had a jira bug associated with this proposal you could of closed it as well; jira tends to be used when there is a bunch of coding to be done associated with the change.
>
> In general we try and do the work as the change occurs; so everything is "release ready".
> Jody
>
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Ben Caradoc-Davies <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have moved the OnlineTestCase proposal to
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/2.6.x
> as it is complete. Is this the right place for it? Or should this be
> done by the release team?
>
> --
> Ben Caradoc-Davies <[hidden email]>
> Software Engineer, CSIRO Exploration and Mining
> Australian Resources Research Centre
> 26 Dick Perry Ave, Kensington WA 6151, Australia

Ben Caradoc-Davies <[hidden email]>
Software Engineer, CSIRO Exploration and Mining
Australian Resources Research Centre
26 Dick Perry Ave, Kensington WA 6151, Australia

Re: Completed proposal?

jody.garnett
I usually mark it as resolved; and wait for my contact in the user community (that I am fixing the bug for) to let me know if it solved there problem. If I have a test case and can confirm it fixed the problem raised I will close it.

Jody
PS. And if I am my own user (say fixing a bug for udig) I will close the issue when it has actually fixed the bug as demonstrated in my application

Jody Garnett wrote:
You got it; if you had a jira bug associated with this proposal you could of closed it as well; jira tends to be used when there is a bunch of coding to be done associated with the change.

In general we try and do the work as the change occurs; so everything is "release ready".
Jody

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Ben Caradoc-Davies <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have moved the OnlineTestCase proposal to
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/2.6.x
as it is complete. Is this the right place for it? Or should this be
done by the release team?

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <[hidden email]>
Software Engineer, CSIRO Exploration and Mining
Australian Resources Research Centre
26 Dick Perry Ave, Kensington WA 6151, Australia

[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>