Compilation on AIX64

netr
Hello,

First, please excuse my english, I didn't practice for a long time.

I'm currently developing a component using the libproj.a on AIX. But it doesn't link the libproj.a that I previously generate on the same environement.

For my component I use "gcc -maix64" to compile, but, to obtain the libproj.a, I followed the instruction and used the makefile autogenerated by proj4. However, it used "gcc". So, I changed, the token CC=gcc -maix64 in the makfile, but I still have an issuein the liking.

Do you have any idea, I'm lost...indeed, I'm a JAVA developper not a C expert ;-)

Thanks by advance for any help.

Re: Compilation on AIX64

netr
Hello everybody,

I finally mange to compile it as a 64bit file by using :

NM="nm -B -X 64" LDFLAGS="-maix64" LIBS="-lpthread" AR"ar -X 64" CC="gcc -maix64" ./configure

Then lauching the make.

However, the libproj I obtain is not a COFF file and I can't integrate it in my programm...the liking doesn't work.

Do you know how I could obtain a COFF file?