Community Mapbuilder 1.5rc3 released

Andreas Hocevar
The Mapbuilder community is proud to announce the release of the 3rd
release candidate of Mapbuilder 1.5, the last official release
provided by the current development team.

This is a minor release, addressing some bug fixes with recent
browsers (Firefox 3, Internet Explorer 7 and 8), and updating
OpenLayers to the 2.8 release.

Please help us test this release candidate, which is available for
download at [1].

Bugs should be reported in JIRA [2], under the 1.5rc3 version. We are
planning to release 1.5 final one week from today if no issues are
reported, otherwise we will create a new release candidate.

Thank you all for supporting Mapbuilder!

Regards,
Andreas Hocevar.

[1] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAP/Downloads
[2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAP

Re: Community Mapbuilder 1.5rc3 released

PaulToan
Thank you very much,
I think it's great if Mapbuilder 1.5 release can run on Chrome.

--
   Nguyễn Đình Toán

-------------------------
Neu khong doc duoc tieng Viet, vui long chon Encoding là Unicode (UTF-8). Cam on.

Toan Nguyen wrote:
> Thank you very much,
> I think it's great if Mapbuilder 1.5 release can run on Chrome.

That won't happen unfortunately, because the client-side XSLT
transformation stuff cannot be ported to Chrome. There were efforts to
make Sarissa work with Webkit some time ago, but it has been dropped due
to lack of maintenance.

If you are looking for something that works in all major browsers, you
may want to check out GeoExt (http://geoext.org/).

Regards,
Andreas.

> --
>    Nguyễn Đình Toán

> Neu khong doc duoc tieng Viet, vui long chon Encoding là Unicode
> (UTF-8). Cam on.

Re: Community Mapbuilder 1.5rc3 released

PaulToan
Yes, I know it. I like Mapbuilder because we can config to change component in program. I don't know if GeoExt have this feature, and Ext is not free, so can't use it.

--
   Nguyễn Đình Toán

Neu khong doc duoc tieng Viet, vui long chon Encoding là Unicode (UTF-8). Cam on.