Community Mapbuilder 1.5 released

Andreas Hocevar
The Mapbuilder community is proud to announce the release of Mapbuilder 1.5, the last official stable release provided by the current development team. See [1] for more information.

The new release is available for download at [2].

Mapbuilder 1.5 is based on OpenLayers 2.8 and was tested on Internet Explorer (versions 6, 7 and 8) and Mozilla Firefox (versions 2.x and 3.x). This ensures that users can keep using Mapbuilder for some time, and extend their applications with the rich feature set of OpenLayers 2.8

Since the last stable release 1.0.1, there have been significant changes and improvements, most of them related to switching from Mapbuilder's own rendering to OpenLayers. See [3] for the full change log.

If you are upgrading applications from 1.5-alpha1 or earlier, see [4] for a list of required configuration changes.

Regards,
Andreas Hocevar.

[1] http://www.communitymapbuilder.org/display/MAP/EndOfLife
[2] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAP/Downloads
[3] http://svn.codehaus.org/mapbuilder/tags/mapbuilder-lib-1_5-release/mapbuilder/CHANGES
[4] http://communitymapbuilder.org/display/MAP/Upgrading+from+pre-1.5

Re: Community Mapbuilder 1.5 released

Gertjan van Oosten
Hi Andreas,

As quoted from Andreas Hocevar <[hidden email]>:
> The Mapbuilder community is proud to announce the release of
> Mapbuilder 1.5, the last official stable release provided by the
> current development team.

Thanks for taking the time to get this out!

Kind regards,
--
-- Gertjan van Oosten, Principal Consultant, West Consulting B.V.
-- [hidden email]     +31 15 2191 600       www.west.nl

Re: Community Mapbuilder 1.5 released

Steven M. Ottens-2
Thanks a lot Andreas!!

Steven

On Jul 16, 2009, at 2:18 PM, Andreas Hocevar wrote:

> The Mapbuilder community is proud to announce the release of
> Mapbuilder 1.5, the last official stable release provided by the
> current development team. See [1] for more information.
>
> The new release is available for download at [2].
>
> Mapbuilder 1.5 is based on OpenLayers 2.8 and was tested on
> Internet Explorer (versions 6, 7 and 8) and Mozilla Firefox
> (versions 2.x and 3.x). This ensures that users can keep using
> Mapbuilder for some time, and extend their applications with the
> rich feature set of OpenLayers 2.8
>
> Since the last stable release 1.0.1, there have been significant
> changes and improvements, most of them related to switching from
> Mapbuilder's own rendering to OpenLayers. See [3] for the full
> change log.
>
> If you are upgrading applications from 1.5-alpha1 or earlier, see
> [4] for a list of required configuration changes.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas Hocevar.
>
> [1] http://www.communitymapbuilder.org/display/MAP/EndOfLife
> [2] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAP/Downloads
> [3] http://svn.codehaus.org/mapbuilder/tags/mapbuilder-lib-1_5-
> release/mapbuilder/CHANGES
> [4] http://communitymapbuilder.org/display/MAP/Upgrading+from+pre-1.5

> --------
> This is your chance to win up to $100,000 in prizes! For a limited
> time,
> vendors submitting new applications to BlackBerry App World(TM)
> will have
> the opportunity to enter the BlackBerry Developer Challenge. See
> full prize
> details at: http://p.sf.net/sfu/Challenge

Steven M. Ottens -==- http://research.geodan.nl/

Re: Community Mapbuilder 1.5 released

Cameron Shorter-2
Yes, I agree. Andrea, I'll need to buy you a beer at FOSS4G 2010.

Of interest to those on this list. Till Adams has submitted a
presentation for FOSS4G about why some projects do well, using
Openlayers and Mapbuilder as an example. I'm really excited to see this,
and was delighted to see that the community ranked the presentation very
highly.

So make sure you look out for it when you come to FOSS4G.
http://2009.foss4g.org

I'll be on leave for a week, so if there are any motions that Andrea
pushes forward re Mapbuilder, I pre-emptively vote +1 to his suggestion.

Steven M. Ottens wrote:

> Thanks a lot Andreas!!
>
> Steven
>
> On Jul 16, 2009, at 2:18 PM, Andreas Hocevar wrote:
>

>> The Mapbuilder community is proud to announce the release of
>> Mapbuilder 1.5, the last official stable release provided by the
>> current development team. See [1] for more information.
>>
>> The new release is available for download at [2].
>>
>> Mapbuilder 1.5 is based on OpenLayers 2.8 and was tested on
>> Internet Explorer (versions 6, 7 and 8) and Mozilla Firefox
>> (versions 2.x and 3.x). This ensures that users can keep using
>> Mapbuilder for some time, and extend their applications with the
>> rich feature set of OpenLayers 2.8
>>
>> Since the last stable release 1.0.1, there have been significant
>> changes and improvements, most of them related to switching from
>> Mapbuilder's own rendering to OpenLayers. See [3] for the full
>> change log.
>>
>> If you are upgrading applications from 1.5-alpha1 or earlier, see
>> [4] for a list of required configuration changes.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andreas Hocevar.
>>
>> [1] http://www.communitymapbuilder.org/display/MAP/EndOfLife
>> [2] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAP/Downloads
>> [3] http://svn.codehaus.org/mapbuilder/tags/mapbuilder-lib-1_5-
>> release/mapbuilder/CHANGES
>> [4] http://communitymapbuilder.org/display/MAP/Upgrading+from+pre-1.5

>> --------
>> Enter the BlackBerry Developer Challenge
>> This is your chance to win up to $100,000 in prizes! For a limited
>> time,
>> vendors submitting new applications to BlackBerry App World(TM)
>> will have
>> the opportunity to enter the BlackBerry Developer Challenge. See
>> full prize
>> details at: http://p.sf.net/sfu/Challenge

Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect