Community Interest Check: S3 GeoTiff Store

Community Interest Check: S3 GeoTiff Store

Devon Tucker
Hi all,

Internally here at Boundless we have developed an GeoTools store that serves GeoTiffs from an S3 store. It's still somewhat raw, but in our testing it works OK (as well as can be expected given the limitations with S3). Is there any interest in either open sourcing this on its own, or maybe even making it community modules for GeoTools and GeoServer? If so I can discuss internally donating it to the community.

Cheers,
Devon

Re: Community Interest Check: S3 GeoTiff Store

Jim Hughes
Hi Devon,

This sounds great!  There are plenty of use cases for using a GeoTools
CoverageStore separately from GeoServer, so seeing the project as
community modules for both would be great.

Anything I can do to help?

Cheers,

Jim

On 03/24/2017 03:12 PM, Devon Tucker wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Internally here at Boundless we have developed an GeoTools store that
> serves GeoTiffs from an S3 store. It's still somewhat raw, but in our
> testing it works OK (as well as can be expected given the limitations
> with S3). Is there any interest in either open sourcing this on its
> own, or maybe even making it community modules for GeoTools and
> GeoServer? If so I can discuss internally donating it to the community.
>
> Cheers,
> Devon

Re: Community Interest Check: S3 GeoTiff Store

Simone Giannecchini
Ciao Devon,
I believe this would be something interesting to look into!

Regards,
Simone Giannecchini
==
Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
==
Ing. Simone Giannecchini
@simogeo
Founder/Director

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39  333 8128928

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003
nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate.
Il loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del
messaggio, per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora
riceviate questo messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo
cortesemente di darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla
distruzione del messaggio stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema.
Conservare il messaggio stesso, divulgarlo anche in parte,
distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od utilizzarlo per finalità
diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai principi dettati dal
D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely
for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be
confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of
privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New
Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any
disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either
dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except
previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by
telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message
that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty
or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent
messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they
were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission, viruses, etc.