Committee budget proposals

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Committee budget proposals

Anita Graser
Hi,

If we want to talk budget 2017 at the next board meeting, should we ask the committees to provide their budget requests for next year? Or do you first want to talk about the available funds?

Best wishes,
Anita

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Committee budget proposals

Venkatesh Raghavan-2
Hi Anita,

On 10/28/2016 8:42 PM, Anita Graser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If we want to talk budget 2017 at the next board meeting, should we ask the
> committees to provide their budget requests for next year? Or do you first
> want to talk about the available funds?

Please add the 2017 budget as agenda item for our next meeting.
Contacting our committee chair before the next board meeting
was in my to-do list [1]. However, we can wait till our
President and VP are selected.

Another agenda item that I would like to bring up at the next
board meeting is about our CRO's feedback [2] on about elections.

[1]
https://www.loomio.org/d/pjahl4Ex/approve-foss4g-2016-board-meeting-minutes-2016-8-24-
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Elections_2016_CRO_feedback

Best

Venka

>
> Best wishes,
> Anita
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Board mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board
>

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Committee budget proposals

Anita Graser


On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Venkatesh Raghavan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Anita,

On 10/28/2016 8:42 PM, Anita Graser wrote:
Hi,

If we want to talk budget 2017 at the next board meeting, should we ask the
committees to provide their budget requests for next year? Or do you first
want to talk about the available funds?

Please add the 2017 budget as agenda item for our next meeting.
Contacting our committee chair before the next board meeting
was in my to-do list [1]. However, we can wait till our
President and VP are selected.

​Thanks Venka! I don't think this todo needs to wait until after selecting president and VPs.


Best wishes,
Anita


 

Another agenda item that I would like to bring up at the next
board meeting is about our CRO's feedback [2] on about elections.

[1] https://www.loomio.org/d/pjahl4Ex/approve-foss4g-2016-board-meeting-minutes-2016-8-24-
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Elections_2016_CRO_feedback

Best

Venka


Best wishes,
Anita



_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board


_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board


_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Committee budget proposals

Sanghee Shin
I agree with Anita. 

We can send out our call for budget to committee chair now as board without electing new president and vices. 

Kind regards, 
신상희
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
http://www.gaia3d.com 

2016. 10. 28., 오후 10:10, Anita Graser <[hidden email]> 작성:



On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Venkatesh Raghavan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Anita,

On 10/28/2016 8:42 PM, Anita Graser wrote:
Hi,

If we want to talk budget 2017 at the next board meeting, should we ask the
committees to provide their budget requests for next year? Or do you first
want to talk about the available funds?

Please add the 2017 budget as agenda item for our next meeting.
Contacting our committee chair before the next board meeting
was in my to-do list [1]. However, we can wait till our
President and VP are selected.

​Thanks Venka! I don't think this todo needs to wait until after selecting president and VPs.


Best wishes,
Anita


 

Another agenda item that I would like to bring up at the next
board meeting is about our CRO's feedback [2] on about elections.

[1] https://www.loomio.org/d/pjahl4Ex/approve-foss4g-2016-board-meeting-minutes-2016-8-24-
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Elections_2016_CRO_feedback

Best

Venka


Best wishes,
Anita



_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board


_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board


_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Committee budget proposals

Venkatesh Raghavan
Hi All,

Should  the calls be sent to our PSC (QGIS, GRASS etc.) too
or only our non-software committees (SAC, Marketing etc.)?

Best

Venka

On 10/29/2016 12:38 PM, Sanghee Shin wrote:
I agree with Anita. 

We can send out our call for budget to committee chair now as board without electing new president and vices. 

Kind regards, 
신상희
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
http://www.gaia3d.com 

2016. 10. 28., 오후 10:10, Anita Graser [hidden email] 작성:



On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Venkatesh Raghavan <[hidden email] [hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Anita,

On 10/28/2016 8:42 PM, Anita Graser wrote:
Hi,

If we want to talk budget 2017 at the next board meeting, should we ask the
committees to provide their budget requests for next year? Or do you first
want to talk about the available funds?

Please add the 2017 budget as agenda item for our next meeting.
Contacting our committee chair before the next board meeting
was in my to-do list [1]. However, we can wait till our
President and VP are selected.

​Thanks Venka! I don't think this todo needs to wait until after selecting president and VPs.

​Added 2017 budget agenda item to https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2016-11-03#Current_items <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2016-11-03#Current_items>

Best wishes,
Anita


 

Another agenda item that I would like to bring up at the next
board meeting is about our CRO's feedback [2] on about elections.

[1] https://www.loomio.org/d/pjahl4Ex/approve-foss4g-2016-board-meeting-minutes-2016-8-24- <https://www.loomio.org/d/pjahl4Ex/approve-foss4g-2016-board-meeting-minutes-2016-8-24->
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Elections_2016_CRO_feedback <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Elections_2016_CRO_feedback>

Best

Venka


Best wishes,
Anita



_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email] [hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board <http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board>


_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email] [hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board <http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board>
_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email] [hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board <http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board>

      

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board



_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Committee budget proposals

Venkatesh Raghavan
Dear Board,

Regarding my mail below, can someone apprise me if
we should invite 2017 budget requests from all Committees
and software PSCs?

Best

Venka

On 10/29/2016 1:51 PM, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Should  the calls be sent to our PSC (QGIS, GRASS etc.) too
> or only our non-software committees (SAC, Marketing etc.)?
>
> Best
>
> Venka

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Committee budget proposals

Angelos Tzotsos
Yes, I think we should.

Best,
Angelos

On 11/10/2016 04:22 PM, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:

> Dear Board,
>
> Regarding my mail below, can someone apprise me if
> we should invite 2017 budget requests from all Committees
> and software PSCs?
>
> Best
>
> Venka
>
> On 10/29/2016 1:51 PM, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Should  the calls be sent to our PSC (QGIS, GRASS etc.) too
>> or only our non-software committees (SAC, Marketing etc.)?
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Venka
>
> _______________________________________________
> Board mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board


--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
OSGeo Charter Member
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Committee budget proposals

Maria Antonia Brovelli

+1

Maria




----------------------------------------------------
Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Vice Rector for Como Campus and GIS Professor
Politecnico di Milano

ISPRS WG IV/4"Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)"; OSGeo; ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET 

Sol Katz Award 2015

 

Via Natta, 12/14 - 22100 COMO (ITALY)

Tel. +39-031-3327336 - Mob. +39-328-0023867 - fax. +39-031-3327321

e-mail1: [hidden email][hidden email]

e-mail2: [hidden email]




 




Da: Board <[hidden email]> per conto di Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]>
Inviato: giovedì 10 novembre 2016 16.03
A: [hidden email]
Oggetto: Re: [Board] Committee budget proposals
 
Yes, I think we should.

Best,
Angelos

On 11/10/2016 04:22 PM, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
> Dear Board,
>
> Regarding my mail below, can someone apprise me if
> we should invite 2017 budget requests from all Committees
> and software PSCs?
>
> Best
>
> Venka
>
> On 10/29/2016 1:51 PM, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Should  the calls be sent to our PSC (QGIS, GRASS etc.) too
>> or only our non-software committees (SAC, Marketing etc.)?
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Venka
>
> _______________________________________________
> Board mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board


--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
OSGeo Charter Member
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Committee budget proposals

Smith, Michael ERDC-RDE-CRREL-NH
In reply to this post by Venkatesh Raghavan
Most definitely. We should expect that many of them will not get it
available by next board meeting but we can examine, approve and budget as
they come in.

Mike

Michael Smith
OSGeo Foundation Treasurer
[hidden email]



On 11/10/16,  9:22 AM, "Board on behalf of Venkatesh Raghavan"
<[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]>
wrote:

>Dear Board,
>
>Regarding my mail below, can someone apprise me if
>we should invite 2017 budget requests from all Committees
>and software PSCs?
>
>Best
>
>Venka
>
>On 10/29/2016 1:51 PM, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Should  the calls be sent to our PSC (QGIS, GRASS etc.) too
>> or only our non-software committees (SAC, Marketing etc.)?
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Venka
>
>_______________________________________________
>Board mailing list
>[hidden email]
>BlockedBlockedhttp://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/boardBlocked

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Committee budget proposals

Anita Graser
+1

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 4:44 PM, Smith, Michael ERDC-RDE-CRREL-NH CIV <[hidden email]> wrote:
Most definitely. We should expect that many of them will not get it
available by next board meeting but we can examine, approve and budget as
they come in.

Mike

Michael Smith
OSGeo Foundation Treasurer
[hidden email]



On 11/10/16,  9:22 AM, "Board on behalf of Venkatesh Raghavan"
<[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]>
wrote:

>Dear Board,
>
>Regarding my mail below, can someone apprise me if
>we should invite 2017 budget requests from all Committees
>and software PSCs?
>
>Best
>
>Venka
>
>On 10/29/2016 1:51 PM, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Should  the calls be sent to our PSC (QGIS, GRASS etc.) too
>> or only our non-software committees (SAC, Marketing etc.)?
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Venka
>
>_______________________________________________
>Board mailing list
>[hidden email]
>BlockedBlockedhttp://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/boardBlocked

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board


_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Committee budget proposals

jmckenna
Administrator
In reply to this post by Maria Antonia Brovelli
Hi all,

Regarding the OSGeo Budget, please note that I have for a long time made
sure that all OSGeo Budgets are easily accessible at
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Budget and I notice how 2016 and
2017 are not visible - please be sure to add the "Budget" category text
to your 2016 and 2017 budget pages (example:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2015), this really helps future
OSGeo Boards find them.  Thanks and good night! (I sound like a lead
singer there, after the encore ha!)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jeff_McKenna



On 2016-11-10 11:26 AM, Maria Antonia Brovelli wrote:

> +1
>
> Maria
>
>
>
>
> *----------------------------------------------------
> *Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
> Vice Rector for Como Campus and GIS Professor
> Politecnico di Milano
> **
>
> ISPRS WG IV/4"Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)";OSGeo;
> ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET
>
> *SolKatzAward2015*
>
>
>
> Via Natta, 12/14 - 22100 COMO (ITALY)
>
> Tel. +39-031-3327336 - Mob.+39-328-0023867 - fax. +39-031-3327321
>
> e-mail1: <mailto:[hidden email]>[hidden email]
>
> e-mail2:[hidden email]
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *Da:* Board <[hidden email]> per conto di Angelos Tzotsos
> <[hidden email]>
> *Inviato:* giovedì 10 novembre 2016 16.03
> *A:* [hidden email]
> *Oggetto:* Re: [Board] Committee budget proposals
>
> Yes, I think we should.
>
> Best,
> Angelos
>
> On 11/10/2016 04:22 PM, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
>> Dear Board,
>>
>> Regarding my mail below, can someone apprise me if
>> we should invite 2017 budget requests from all Committees
>> and software PSCs?
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Venka
>>
>> On 10/29/2016 1:51 PM, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Should  the calls be sent to our PSC (QGIS, GRASS etc.) too
>>> or only our non-software committees (SAC, Marketing etc.)?
>>>
>>> Best
>>>
>>> Venka
>>



_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Committee budget proposals

Sanghee Shin
In reply to this post by Venkatesh Raghavan

+1

Sanghee


2016. 11. 10. 오후 11:22에 "Venkatesh Raghavan" <[hidden email]>님이 작성:
Dear Board,

Regarding my mail below, can someone apprise me if
we should invite 2017 budget requests from all Committees
and software PSCs?

Best

Venka

On 10/29/2016 1:51 PM, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
Hi All,

Should  the calls be sent to our PSC (QGIS, GRASS etc.) too
or only our non-software committees (SAC, Marketing etc.)?

Best

Venka

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board

_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board