Comments on Early Bird deadline

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi all,

When I tweeted about the FOSS4G-Europe early bird registration, I
received feedback wondering why the early bird deadline is before the
paper acceptance date (see discussion at
https://twitter.com/underdarkGIS/status/831901742057062400).

These comments are from some of our community leaders (Anita, Marco).

Can someone respond to them regarding this?  Thanks :)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation

Re: Comments on Early Bird deadline

Fenoy Gerald
Hello,
many thanks for the feedbacks Jeff we will answer shortly.

In fact we were discussing about possibility to postpone the deadline for early-bird.

We will consider this twitter discussion with a lot of attention and I hope to be able to come back to you with more update about this specific question this afternoon.

Best regards,

> Le 16 févr. 2017 à 07:45, Massimiliano Cannata <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Yes, it is very strange since call for workshop is also still open...
>
> Maxi
>
> Il 16 feb 2017 6:14 AM, "Jeff McKenna" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> When I tweeted about the FOSS4G-Europe early bird registration, I received feedback wondering why the early bird deadline is before the paper acceptance date (see discussion at https://twitter.com/underdarkGIS/status/831901742057062400).
>
> These comments are from some of our community leaders (Anita, Marco).
>
> Can someone respond to them regarding this?  Thanks :)
>
> -jeff
>

> --
> Jeff McKenna
> President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jeff_McKenna

Gérald Fenoy
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Djay

Re: Comments on Early Bird deadline

Fenoy Gerald
Hello,
sorry for coming back late on this topic.

The dates has been postponed to March 17th for submission deadline and the early-bird has ben postponed to April 28th.

I hope this solve the issue.

Best regards,

> Le 16 févr. 2017 à 11:09, Fenoy Gerald <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hello,
> many thanks for the feedbacks Jeff we will answer shortly.
>
> In fact we were discussing about possibility to postpone the deadline for early-bird.
>
> We will consider this twitter discussion with a lot of attention and I hope to be able to come back to you with more update about this specific question this afternoon.
>
> Best regards,
>
>> Le 16 févr. 2017 à 07:45, Massimiliano Cannata <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Yes, it is very strange since call for workshop is also still open...
>>
>> Maxi
>>
>> Il 16 feb 2017 6:14 AM, "Jeff McKenna" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> When I tweeted about the FOSS4G-Europe early bird registration, I received feedback wondering why the early bird deadline is before the paper acceptance date (see discussion at https://twitter.com/underdarkGIS/status/831901742057062400).
>>
>> These comments are from some of our community leaders (Anita, Marco).
>>
>> Can someone respond to them regarding this?  Thanks :)
>>
>> -jeff
>>

>> --
>> Jeff McKenna
>> President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation
>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jeff_McKenna

> Gérald Fenoy
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Djay

Gérald Fenoy
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Djay

Re: Comments on Early Bird deadline

Kari Salovaara
+1

18.2.2017, 11:31, Fenoy Gerald kirjoitti:

> Hello,
> sorry for coming back late on this topic.
>
> The dates has been postponed to March 17th for submission deadline and the early-bird has ben postponed to April 28th.
>
> I hope this solve the issue.
>
> Best regards,
>
>> Le 16 févr. 2017 à 11:09, Fenoy Gerald <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Hello,
>> many thanks for the feedbacks Jeff we will answer shortly.
>>
>> In fact we were discussing about possibility to postpone the deadline for early-bird.
>>
>> We will consider this twitter discussion with a lot of attention and I hope to be able to come back to you with more update about this specific question this afternoon.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>>> Le 16 févr. 2017 à 07:45, Massimiliano Cannata <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Yes, it is very strange since call for workshop is also still open...
>>>
>>> Maxi
>>>
>>> Il 16 feb 2017 6:14 AM, "Jeff McKenna" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> When I tweeted about the FOSS4G-Europe early bird registration, I received feedback wondering why the early bird deadline is before the paper acceptance date (see discussion at https://twitter.com/underdarkGIS/status/831901742057062400).
>>>
>>> These comments are from some of our community leaders (Anita, Marco).
>>>
>>> Can someone respond to them regarding this?  Thanks :)
>>>
>>> -jeff
>>>

>>> --
>>> Jeff McKenna
>>> President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation
>>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jeff_McKenna

>> Gérald Fenoy
>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Djay

> Gérald Fenoy
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Djay

Re: Comments on Early Bird deadline

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Gérald,

Thank you for clarifying :)  Will share this news.

-jeff

On 2017-02-18 5:31 AM, Fenoy Gerald wrote:

> Hello,
> sorry for coming back late on this topic.
>
> The dates has been postponed to March 17th for submission deadline and the early-bird has ben postponed to April 28th.
>
> I hope this solve the issue.
>
> Best regards,
>
>> Le 16 févr. 2017 à 11:09, Fenoy Gerald <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Hello,
>> many thanks for the feedbacks Jeff we will answer shortly.
>>
>> In fact we were discussing about possibility to postpone the deadline for early-bird.
>>
>> We will consider this twitter discussion with a lot of attention and I hope to be able to come back to you with more update about this specific question this afternoon.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>>> Le 16 févr. 2017 à 07:45, Massimiliano Cannata <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Yes, it is very strange since call for workshop is also still open...
>>>
>>> Maxi
>>>
>>> Il 16 feb 2017 6:14 AM, "Jeff McKenna" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> When I tweeted about the FOSS4G-Europe early bird registration, I received feedback wondering why the early bird deadline is before the paper acceptance date (see discussion at https://twitter.com/underdarkGIS/status/831901742057062400).
>>>
>>> These comments are from some of our community leaders (Anita, Marco).
>>>
>>> Can someone respond to them regarding this?  Thanks :)
>>>
>>> -jeff

Re: Comments on Early Bird deadline

Marco Minghini
Dear Gérald,
thank you and the whole team for this great news!
Cheers,

Marco

Marco Minghini, Ph.D.
GEOlab, Politecnico di Milano - DICA
Piazza Leonardo da Vinci, 20133 Milano (Italy)
+39 02 23996409