Color ramp a variable

glpaley
Is there predefined way within mapserver to color ramp a variable
(similar to the topographic sense)? I have a diverse choropleth map
where I'd like to symbolize it appropriately. I have attribute data
joined within a shpfile.

Cheers
Gregory

Re: Color ramp a variable

alexander-petkov
I use a workaround for this problem, where a premade color ramp
graphic corresponds to a value range.

Change the "Single image" to "Compare Images" in the drop down box,
and then click the "Update" button on the bottom to update the map:

http://maps.wfas.net/

The legend on the right is the result.

Alex

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there predefined way within mapserver to color ramp a variable
> (similar to the topographic sense)? I have a diverse choropleth map
> where I'd like to symbolize it appropriately. I have attribute data
> joined within a shpfile.
>
> Cheers
> Gregory

Re: Color ramp a variable

glpaley
That's an interesting approach. I'm not quite sure how to implement so
could you describe further?

I'm experimenting with my data and how to classify it. Unfortunately it
seems to be impossible to apply an automatic classification method. Do
all of you use some sort of external scripting to cobble a mapfile
together?

Cheers
Gregory