Codesprint - call for reports

Vincent Picavet (ml)
Hi all,

First of all, thanks for your participation to the Codesprint.

For those who could not make it, we had a good 3-days session, hosted by
IGNfab, to work on iTowns.
The first day was dedicated to clear our development processes and
improve the way we use collaborative tools.

Thanks to Thomas for his git course.

For those who attended the event, it would be great if you can post to
this list a summary of what you worked on during the codesprint. If you
have illustrations of your work, send them too ! ( No attachment on the
list, I can provide access to an upload tool if needed, just ask me).

We will try to write a full summary of what has been done. This is
important for the project, to show its dynamism and progress.

If you took pictures during the sprint, please share them too.

And thank you to IGN for hosting us ( and the coffee !)

Given the boost it gives to the project, no doubt we will have another
codesprint, probably in Automn. Do not hesitate to bring up ideas on how
to improve the event !

Vincent
vmo

Re: Codesprint - call for reports

vmo
Hi,

here is my progresses during the sprint:

- fixed warnings and passed warnings as errors (PR #128 merged)

- reworked Thomas PR to homogenize "includes" (PR #131), this needs an
agreement by all (vote in PR) to decide which "include" style should be
used. PLEASE VOTE, such that we can move on.

- worked on testing with node and headless-gl (PR #142 and
wip_offscreen_test branch),
    - I was able to obtain the first image of the globe,
    - there are simple hooks to emulate document and window globals such
that events can be sent to the GlobeAPI.
    - the aim is to make tests that are repeatable and give us
confidence that the code works as expected without opening the browser
and manually testing (which will be less and and less practical as the
number of features

Cheers,

V.

Le 11/07/2016 12:04, Vincent Picavet (ml) a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> First of all, thanks for your participation to the Codesprint.
>
> For those who could not make it, we had a good 3-days session, hosted by
> IGNfab, to work on iTowns.
> The first day was dedicated to clear our development processes and
> improve the way we use collaborative tools.
>
> Thanks to Thomas for his git course.
>
> For those who attended the event, it would be great if you can post to
> this list a summary of what you worked on during the codesprint. If you
> have illustrations of your work, send them too ! ( No attachment on the
> list, I can provide access to an upload tool if needed, just ask me).
>
> We will try to write a full summary of what has been done. This is
> important for the project, to show its dynamism and progress.
>
> If you took pictures during the sprint, please share them too.
>
> And thank you to IGN for hosting us ( and the coffee !)
>
> Given the boost it gives to the project, no doubt we will have another
> codesprint, probably in Automn. Do not hesitate to bring up ideas on how
> to improve the event !
>
> Vincent

Re: Codesprint - call for reports

Mathieu Brédif

I worked on issue #144 ( https://github.com/iTowns/itowns2/issues/144 ) relative to the metadata of oriented images used in immersive navigation/projective texturing. The goal was to generalize the camera calibration description so that the orientation metadata is more general, in relation to the LI3DS project (https://github.com/LI3DS).

For convenience, I worked in itowns v1. This resulted in the following branch, which is able to consume the camera calibration json provided in #144 :
https://github.com/iTowns/itowns/tree/transfo_list
This has the positive side effect of moving a number of coordinate change convention matrices from the itowns code base to the calibration file.

The trajectory transform is ignored for now in the itowns/transfo_list. A goal is to support heterogeneous setups (with multiple trajectories) where projective textures/panoramas would be used simultaneously and to support fixed textures (without trajectories)

Best
Mathieu

Re: Codesprint - call for reports

Pierre-Eric Pelloux-Prayer
Hello,

I worked mostly on invisible stuff:
 * PR https://github.com/iTowns/itowns2/pull/132 to improve shader
code/documentation
 * PR https://github.com/iTowns/itowns2/pull/101 to refactor commands
creation
 * PR https://github.com/iTowns/itowns2/pull/149 : overhaul of layer
management to ease integration of new layer types (e.g: WMS textures)

Regards,
Pierre-Eric

Le 11/07/2016 à 17:18, Mathieu Bredif a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I worked on issue #144 ( https://github.com/iTowns/itowns2/issues/144 ) relative to the metadata of oriented images used in immersive navigation/projective texturing. The goal was to generalize the camera calibration description so that the orientation metadata is more general, in relation to the LI3DS project (https://github.com/LI3DS).
>
> For convenience, I worked in itowns v1. This resulted in the following branch, which is able to consume the camera calibration json provided in #144 :
> https://github.com/iTowns/itowns/tree/transfo_list
> This has the positive side effect of moving a number of coordinate change convention matrices from the itowns code base to the calibration file.
>
> The trajectory transform is ignored for now in the itowns/transfo_list. A goal is to support heterogeneous setups (with multiple trajectories) where projective textures/panoramas would be used simultaneously and to support fixed textures (without trajectories)
>
> Best
> Mathieu

> De : iTowns-dev [[hidden email]] de la part de Vincent Picavet (ml) [[hidden email]]
> Date d'envoi : lundi 11 juillet 2016 12:04
> À : [hidden email]
> Objet : [iTowns-dev] Codesprint - call for reports
>
> Hi all,
>
> First of all, thanks for your participation to the Codesprint.
>
> For those who could not make it, we had a good 3-days session, hosted by
> IGNfab, to work on iTowns.
> The first day was dedicated to clear our development processes and
> improve the way we use collaborative tools.
>
> Thanks to Thomas for his git course.
>
> For those who attended the event, it would be great if you can post to
> this list a summary of what you worked on during the codesprint. If you
> have illustrations of your work, send them too ! ( No attachment on the
> list, I can provide access to an upload tool if needed, just ask me).
>
> We will try to write a full summary of what has been done. This is
> important for the project, to show its dynamism and progress.
>
> If you took pictures during the sprint, please share them too.
>
> And thank you to IGN for hosting us ( and the coffee !)
>
> Given the boost it gives to the project, no doubt we will have another
> codesprint, probably in Automn. Do not hesitate to bring up ideas on how
> to improve the event !
>
> Vincent

Re: Codesprint - call for reports

Vincent Picavet (ml)
Hello,

As for myself, I did not achieve much during these three days, but
worked on :
* Update rules for contributions : update contributing.md and protected
master
* Asked for a free account on browserstack ( they agree, more to come)
* Discussed API interface and requests workflows for oriented images
  - server-side with LIDS API
  - client-side with iTowns
* Studied mapillary and here API for panoramic images
( see https://github.com/LI3DS/lids-api/issues/1 )
* Discussed formats for transformations ( cf #144 from Mathieu)
* Discussed simplified LI3DS model as a way to have a simple API