Codelist implementation

sammeek
Dear List,

I am implementing a custom schema based on 19139 and am having issues with
codelists. My raw XML documents contain references to a codelist, but when
I import the data, GeoNEtwork seems to change the reference. For example:

Raw:

<gmd:status>
<gmd:MD_ProgressCode codeList="<codelist name>"
codeListValue="completed">Completed</gmd:MD_ProgressCode>
</gmd:status>

Import:

<gmd:status>
            <gmd:MD_ProgressCode codeList="
http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/ISO_19139_Schemas/resources/codelist/ML_gmxCodelists.xml#MD_ProgressCode
"
                                 codeListValue="completed"/>
         </gmd:status>

This might explain why my code lists are working!

Why is it doing this? How do you stop it so hopefully it can point to the
correct codelist.

Thanks

Sam

Re: Codelist implementation

Jose Garcia
Hi Sam

This is done in update-fixed-info process, that is executed when the
metadata is updated.

See
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/master/schemas/iso19139/src/main/plugin/iso19139/update-fixed-info.xsl#L366-L374

This process is not recommended to be disabled, but you can update that
template it in the update-fixed-info.xsl of  your schema to use the proper
value required by your schema

Regards,
Jose García

<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>

Re: Codelist implementation

sammeek
Hi Jose,

Thank you, that appears to solve the problem. But I still cannot get the
editor to look to the codelist setup in loc/eng/codelists.xml . Do I need
to point something at this file? Can you please tell me where in the code
this file is referenced at all?

Thanks

On 30 August 2018 at 10:29, Jose Garcia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Sam
>
> This is done in update-fixed-info process, that is executed when the
> metadata is updated.
>
> See https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/
> blob/master/schemas/iso19139/src/main/plugin/iso19139/
> update-fixed-info.xsl#L366-L374
>

> This process is not recommended to be disabled, but you can update that
> template it in the update-fixed-info.xsl of  your schema to use the proper
> value required by your schema
>

> Regards,
> Jose García
>
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 11:22 AM, Sam Meek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear List,
>>
>> I am implementing a custom schema based on 19139 and am having issues with
>> codelists. My raw XML documents contain references to a codelist, but when
>> I import the data, GeoNEtwork seems to change the reference. For example:
>>
>> Raw:
>>
>> <gmd:status>
>> <gmd:MD_ProgressCode codeList="<codelist name>"
>> codeListValue="completed">Completed</gmd:MD_ProgressCode>
>> </gmd:status>
>>

>> Import:
>>
>> <gmd:status>
>>             <gmd:MD_ProgressCode codeList="
>> http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/ISO
>> _19139_Schemas/resources/codelist/ML_gmxCodelists.xml#MD_ProgressCode
>> "
>>                                  codeListValue="completed"/>
>>          </gmd:status>
>>

>> This might explain why my code lists are working!
>>
>> Why is it doing this? How do you stop it so hopefully it can point to the
>> correct codelist.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Sam
>> s/geonetwork
>>

> --

> *Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,Jose García
> <http://www.geocat.net/>Veenderweg 13
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=Veenderweg+13+6721+WD+Bennekom+The+Netherlands&entry=gmail&source=g>6721
> WD Bennekom
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=Veenderweg+13+6721+WD+Bennekom+The+Netherlands&entry=gmail&source=g>The
> Netherlands
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=Veenderweg+13+6721+WD+Bennekom+The+Netherlands&entry=gmail&source=g>T: +31
> (0)318 416664 <+31318416664> <https://www.facebook.com/geocatbv>
> <https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>
> <https://plus.google.com/u/1/+GeocatNetbv/posts>Please consider the
> environment before printing this email.*

Re: Codelist implementation

Jose Garcia
Hi Sam

I think there's a bug in the xslt template that handles codelists in the
iso19139:

https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/master/schemas/iso19139/src/main/plugin/iso19139/layout/layout.xsl#L503

This line uses explicitly the iso19139 codelist instead of the metadata
schema codelist.

<xsl:param name="codelists" select="$iso19139codelists" required="no"/>

So if your profile doesn't redefine the template, will default to this one
and will not use the ones from your schema, but the ones from iso19139.

A fix should be to update the line to be like:

<xsl:param name="codelists" select="$codelists" required="no"/>

But want to confirm with other developers, to avoid causing any side
effect.

In the meantime another option is to add the template in your profile
layout.xsl file, you have an example in
https://github.com/AstunTechnology/iso19139.gemini23/blob/master/src/main/plugin/iso19139.gemini23/layout/layout-custom-fields.xsl#L36-L74

You need to update the text highlighted in red in the following line, to
use the name of your profile instead:

<xsl:template mode="mode-iso19139" priority="5000" match="*[*/@codeList and
$schema='*iso19139.gemini23*']">

Regards,