CoC for FOSS4G

delawen
Hi,

I am not sure if you have been following recent discussions about
diversity, CoC and how to further improve it:

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2018-February/004696.html
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2018-March/037263.html

Could you please review the proposed changes for the next FOSS4G?
[hidden email].

Also, I plan to do a call out for diverse people to participate on the
CoC committee and try to address this issues from different
perspectives. Do you want to take the lead here or is it fine if I do
the noise to call for more volunteers?

Also, who is still working on this committee? I couldn't find much
info regarding the persons behind on our webpages.

Cheers,
María.

Re: CoC for FOSS4G

Cameron Shorter
Hi Maria,

This OSGeo CoC committee is very inactive (might I say erring on being
close to dead).

I'd be very supportive of you taking the lead and re-energising this
committee as you suggest.

(While I'm on this list and have co-authored the current OSGeo Code of
Conduct, I not sure if I'm actually an official member). But I'll
support you anyway.

Cheers, Cameron

On 29/3/18 12:07 am, María Arias de Reyna wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not sure if you have been following recent discussions about
> diversity, CoC and how to further improve it:
>
> https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2018-February/004696.html
> https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2018-March/037263.html
>
> Could you please review the proposed changes for the next FOSS4G?
> [hidden email].
>
> Also, I plan to do a call out for diverse people to participate on the
> CoC committee and try to address this issues from different
> perspectives. Do you want to take the lead here or is it fine if I do
> the noise to call for more volunteers?
>
> Also, who is still working on this committee? I couldn't find much
> info regarding the persons behind on our webpages.
>
> Cheers,
> María.

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier, Learnosity