Quantcast

Closing metadata editor also closes GeoNetwork

Closing metadata editor also closes GeoNetwork

KevinG
Hello,
Seems that whenever I 'close' or 'save & close' a newly created metadata record, my browser is also closed down.  I should be returned to the main page, shouldn't I?  Maybe this was a bug?
Kevin

Re: Closing metadata editor also closes GeoNetwork

Koistinen Kai (MML)
Hi,

I have also noticed this happening in 3.2.0 with Internet Explorer. For me it opens warning that browser tab will be closed. If I click cancel to that warning it returns to main page. Probably an IE specific bug or do you have the same issue in other browsers?

Best regards,
Kai Koistinen
Expert
National Land Survey of Finland
+358 40 487 9104
[hidden email]

Aihe: [GeoNetwork-users] Closing metadata editor also closes GeoNetwork

Hello,
Seems that whenever I 'close' or 'save & close' a newly created metadata record, my browser is also closed down.  I should be returned to the main page, shouldn't I?  Maybe this was a bug?
Kevin

Re: Closing metadata editor also closes GeoNetwork

Jose Garcia
Hi

I have tried 3.2.x branch in Chrome and Firefox and when closed I get
returned to the editor board page. Seem a issue in IE, please open a issue
in GitHub.

Regards,
Jose García

<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>

Re: Closing metadata editor also closes GeoNetwork

KevinG
I have also observed this behaviour with Firefox browser, GeoNetwork
v3.2.0.0.
Is there a fix or work around?

On Dec 8, 2016 2:40 AM, "Jose Garcia" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have tried 3.2.x branch in Chrome and Firefox and when closed I get
> returned to the editor board page. Seem a issue in IE, please open a issue
> in GitHub.
>
> Regards,
> Jose García
>
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 7:43 AM, Koistinen Kai (MML) <kai.koistinen@
> maanmittauslaitos.fi> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have also noticed this happening in 3.2.0 with Internet Explorer. For
>> me it opens warning that browser tab will be closed. If I click cancel to
>> that warning it returns to main page. Probably an IE specific bug or do you
>> have the same issue in other browsers?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Kai Koistinen
>> Expert
>> National Land Survey of Finland
>> +358 40 487 9104
>> [hidden email]

How are you editing the metadata? Opening the metadata editor directly
writing the url in the browser or from the search/detail pages?

At least in a demo server with 3.2.x branch FF/Chrome was displaying for me
the editor board page.

Regards,
Jose García

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Kevin Grootendorst <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> I have also observed this behaviour with Firefox browser, GeoNetwork
> v3.2.0.0.
> Is there a fix or work around?
>
> On Dec 8, 2016 2:40 AM, "Jose Garcia" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have tried 3.2.x branch in Chrome and Firefox and when closed I get
>> returned to the editor board page. Seem a issue in IE, please open a issue
>> in GitHub.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jose García
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 7:43 AM, Koistinen Kai (MML) <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have also noticed this happening in 3.2.0 with Internet Explorer. For
>>> me it opens warning that browser tab will be closed. If I click cancel to
>>> that warning it returns to main page. Probably an IE specific bug or do you
>>> have the same issue in other browsers?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Kai Koistinen
>>> Expert
>>> National Land Survey of Finland
>>> +358 40 487 9104
>>> [hidden email]

I was accessing the metadata from the Contribute - Add New Record links. I
did not type anything directly into the URL.

On Dec 8, 2016 6:40 AM, "Jose Garcia" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> How are you editing the metadata? Opening the metadata editor directly
> writing the url in the browser or from the search/detail pages?
>
> At least in a demo server with 3.2.x branch FF/Chrome was displaying for
> me the editor board page.
>
> Regards,
> Jose García
>
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Kevin Grootendorst <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I have also observed this behaviour with Firefox browser, GeoNetwork
>> v3.2.0.0.
>> Is there a fix or work around?
>>
>> On Dec 8, 2016 2:40 AM, "Jose Garcia" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have tried 3.2.x branch in Chrome and Firefox and when closed I get
>>> returned to the editor board page. Seem a issue in IE, please open a issue
>>> in GitHub.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Jose García

Hi Kevin

I was editing existing records, but also tried this case and for it's
working- I'm not using 3.2.0, but the 3.2.x branch in a test server. Will
check later to test locally to verify if that is already fixed in the
branch.

Regards,
Jose García

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 12:56 PM, Kevin Grootendorst <[hidden email]