Checking in for upcoming 3.8.3 release

jody.garnett
Jody here, sorry I have been a bit quiet on release automation front. I would like to shadow the upcoming 3.8.3 release and automation as many steps as I can :).

I have reviewed the release instructions, and would like to assemble a shopping list of credentials and access required:

1) Can I request commit access for core-release repo to manage some build scripts (is this repo still in use?). GitHub username is "jodygarnett".
2) Create a "gnbuild" user or similar with GitHub credentials to tag releases.
3) "gnbuild" would need access to:
- anything else?
--
Jody Garnett

Re: Checking in for upcoming 3.8.3 release

Francois Prunayre
Hi Jody, after some discussion we had this week here in Chambéry and with Jose, a proposal could be that next week Bennekom Jose and you make:
* 3.8.3 release based on branch 3.8.x
* and a 3.10.0 based on master with OpenLayers update and S3 support (https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/pull/4248)

This way you would have a complete overview on making a minor release and a major one.

What you & others think?

Francois

Le mer. 4 déc. 2019 à 12:17, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Jody here, sorry I have been a bit quiet on release automation front. I would like to shadow the upcoming 3.8.3 release and automation as many steps as I can :).

I have reviewed the release instructions, and would like to assemble a shopping list of credentials and access required:

1) Can I request commit access for core-release repo to manage some build scripts (is this repo still in use?). GitHub username is "jodygarnett".
2) Create a "gnbuild" user or similar with GitHub credentials to tag releases.
3) "gnbuild" would need access to:
- anything else?
--
Jody Garnett

Re: Checking in for upcoming 3.8.3 release

jody.garnett
From a product stability standpoint making a 3.10-RC with the work from Chambéry would make sense.
Do you have any contractual/customer obligations to see this work in an official release, by a set time, etc...

For release automation I am focused on automating the release packaging and publishing.
For major releases I expect a few manual steps when creating new branches / build jobs / documentation..
--
Jody Garnett

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019 at 08:40, Francois Prunayre <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Le ven. 6 déc. 2019 à 10:45, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> a écrit :
From a product stability standpoint making a 3.10-RC with the work from Chambéry would make sense.
Do you have any contractual/customer obligations to see this work in an official release, by a set time, etc...

No contractual obligations, but master is already on production this morning and other projects are currently being updated to it too.
I don't think we have customer requesting releases - So far, releases were done when someone takes the time to make it.

For release automation I am focused on automating the release packaging and publishing.
For major releases I expect a few manual steps when creating new branches / build jobs / documentation..

Good.

Francois

[...]

Jose Garcia
Hi Jody

About the "gnbuild" account sounds good to me. If no complaint from other PSC members I'll create today.

Regards,
Jose García

On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 10:55 AM Francois Prunayre <[hidden email]> wrote:

Le ven. 6 déc. 2019 à 10:45, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> a écrit :
From a product stability standpoint making a 3.10-RC with the work from Chambéry would make sense.
[...]

Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,

Jose García

Veenderweg 13
6721 WD Bennekom
The Netherlands
T: <a href="tel:+31318416664" style="font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif" target="_blank">+31 (0)318 416664