Charter Member nomination for Rich Signell

Charter Member nomination for Rich Signell

Tom Kralidis
Hi all: I would like to nominate Dr. Rich Signell [1] for OSGeo Charter
Membership.

Rich is a research oceanographer with the US Geological Survey and a strong
longtime proponent of data sharing and standards.

Rich's pragmatic approach and strong use of FOSS4G are evident in his numerous
contributions to a variety of FOSS4G projects (pycsw, OWSLib, etc.).  Also,
his vision and focus on integration/chaining, reproducible workflows via
Python notebooks and open process have greatly helped demonstrate and showcase
capabilities of FOSS4G and standards in the ocean, atmospheric and climate
modelling communities.

In closing, Rich is a believer (echo'ing nhv from awhile back) and would be
a great asset to OSGeo as a charter member.

Thanks

..Tom

[1] https://github.com/rsignell-usgs

Re: Charter Member nomination for Rich Signell

Angelos Tzotsos
I would like to second Rich's nomination.

Angelos

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 4:25 PM, Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
OSGeo Charter Member

Re: Charter Member nomination for Rich Signell

jmckenna
Administrator
The 2017 member nominations list has been updated with Rich's nomination
  [1].

Best regards,
Vasile & Jeff
2017 OSGeo Elections CROs