Changing the map's projection after instantiation

Changing the map's projection after instantiation

dnbphysicist
Hello all,

Is this possible? I figured this would a simple yes or no question. Basically since the universal 4326 isn't as accurate at certain parts of the world I want to be able to shift to another projection local to that area. Just to clarify, I'm not talking about reprojecting to 4326 from another projection.

Does that make sense?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Changing the map's projection after instantiation

Phil Scadden
if you change the baselayer to a one with a different projection, this
should force all layers into the new projection.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.

Re: Changing the map's projection after instantiation

Phil Scadden
I would also say that 4326 "projection" had no redeeming cartographic
qualities at all and almost any projection (eg mercator) would be better.