Changing the data in a copyright notice.

Changing the data in a copyright notice.

Ben Madin-5
G'day all,

I am using a cgi application, but it can take a date and interval
parameter to return a map showing a certain range of data. This can be
sent as a get from another application, and it just returns a map for
download - eventually planning to be able to make a sequence or series
of maps to show movement.

Using Jeff McKenna's advice :

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/faq/copyright-layer

I would like to print the range of the variables on the map, for
fairly obvious reasons. I don't seem to be able to use cgi variables
to do this :

vis
        TEXT '%interval% prior to %enddate%'

although I am using these two variable successfully in a postgis
query  a few rows above to actually display the data.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this - using the cgi!

cheers

Ben

--

Ben Madin
REMOTE INFORMATION

t : +61 8 9192 5455
f : +61 8 9192 5535
m : 0448 887 220
Broome   WA   6725

[hidden email]

                                                        Out here, it pays to know...

Re: Changing the data in a copyright notice.

Paco Regodon
You need to patch mapserv.c

At line 320 add this code:

    for(k=0; k<map->layers[j].numclasses; k++) {
         if(map->layers[j].class[k].text.string && (strstr(map->layers[j].class[k].text.string, tmpstr) != NULL))
           map->layers[j].class[k].text.string = gsub(map->layers[j].class[k].text.string, tmpstr, msObj->request->ParamValues[i]);
    }

Regards,

Paco Regodón
Meteologica S.A.