Changing project crs

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Changing project crs

Ziegler Stefan
Hi

I'm not able to change the project crs without enabling the on-the-fly crs transformation. Is this on purpose? I do have a standard crs set in the option but from time to time I want to change the crs of an empty project file. At the moment I have to enable otf-tranformation, click the ok button (apply is not sufficient), open the dialog again an disabling otf-transformation.

Freundliche Grüsse
Stefan Ziegler
Leiter amtliche Vermessung

Amt für Geoinformation
Amtliche Vermessung
Rötistrasse 4
4500 Solothurn

Telefon +41 32 627 75 96
Telefax +41 32 627 75 98
[hidden email]
http://www.so.ch 


_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Changing project crs

Giovanni Manghi-2
Hi Stefan,
this is new behaviour in qgis master.

The CRS selector in master had a few inconsistencies form the user point
of view and we (especially Jurgen, Richard and partially me) made an
effort (in Lyon) to find a proper solution.

When otfr in not enabled then no crs is effectively used by the project,
so the easiest (and less confusing for users, in my view) solution was
to disable the selector and give the project the crs of the first added
layer. This is big change in qgis, but this way is also very similar (if
not the same) as it works in other gis packages, both proprietary and
open source.

If the layers are without an explicit crs (like shapes without .prj or
tiffs+world file) then, as before, it is needed to configure how qgis
"reacts" in options-> crs -> crs for new layers.

cheers

-- Giovanni --



On Mon, 2012-04-30 at 07:51 +0000, Ziegler Stefan wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm not able to change the project crs without enabling the on-the-fly crs transformation.
> Is this on purpose? I do have a standard crs set in the
> option but from time to time I want to change the crs of an
> empty project file. At the moment I have to enable otf-tranformation,
> click the ok button (apply is not sufficient),
>  open the dialog again an disabling otf-transformation.
>
> Freundliche Grüsse
> Stefan Ziegler
> Leiter amtliche Vermessung
>
> Amt für Geoinformation
> Amtliche Vermessung
> Rötistrasse 4
> 4500 Solothurn
>
> Telefon +41 32 627 75 96
> Telefax +41 32 627 75 98
> [hidden email]
> http://www.so.ch 
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Qgis-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user


_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

AW: [Qgis-user] Changing project crs

Ziegler Stefan
Hi Giovanni

Thanks for the enlightenment. So this was changed because the user gets confused (otfr disabled) if he would change the crs and nothing happens?

Regards
Stefan

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Giovanni Manghi [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Gesendet: Montag, 30. April 2012 14:19
> An: Ziegler Stefan
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Re: [Qgis-user] Changing project crs
>
> Hi Stefan,
> this is new behaviour in qgis master.
>
> The CRS selector in master had a few inconsistencies form the user point of view and
> we (especially Jurgen, Richard and partially me) made an effort (in Lyon) to find a
> proper solution.
>
> When otfr in not enabled then no crs is effectively used by the project, so the easiest
> (and less confusing for users, in my view) solution was to disable the selector and give
> the project the crs of the first added layer. This is big change in qgis, but this way is
> also very similar (if not the same) as it works in other gis packages, both proprietary
> and open source.
>
> If the layers are without an explicit crs (like shapes without .prj or
> tiffs+world file) then, as before, it is needed to configure how qgis
> "reacts" in options-> crs -> crs for new layers.
>
> cheers
>
> -- Giovanni --
>
>
>
> On Mon, 2012-04-30 at 07:51 +0000, Ziegler Stefan wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm not able to change the project crs without enabling the on-the-fly crs
> transformation.
> > Is this on purpose? I do have a standard crs set in the option but
> > from time to time I want to change the crs of an empty project file.
> > At the moment I have to enable otf-tranformation, click the ok button
> > (apply is not sufficient),  open the dialog again an disabling
> > otf-transformation.
> >
> > Freundliche Grüsse
> > Stefan Ziegler
> > Leiter amtliche Vermessung
> >
> > Amt für Geoinformation
> > Amtliche Vermessung
> > Rötistrasse 4
> > 4500 Solothurn
> >
> > Telefon +41 32 627 75 96
> > Telefax +41 32 627 75 98
> > [hidden email]
> > http://www.so.ch
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Qgis-user mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
>

_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: AW: [Qgis-user] Changing project crs

Giovanni Manghi-2
On Mon, 2012-04-30 at 13:49 +0000, Ziegler Stefan wrote:
> Hi Giovanni
>
> Thanks for the enlightenment.
> So this was changed because the user
> gets confused (otfr disabled) if he would change the crs and nothing happens?

Among the other things.

Another was that that sometimes the CRS changed in an unexpected way
(from a user point of view) when the user toggled on/off the otfr
checkbox.

cheers

-- Giovanni --

_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user