Changing privileges en masse

pgrzeszc

I did a batch import into GN 2.0.1, and and I'd like to change privileges to visible for all.  After connecting to the DB, I issued the following SQL:
INSERT INTO operationallowed (groupid, operationid, metadataid) SELECT 1 groupid, 0 operationid, id metadataid FROM metadata WHERE source = 'mysource'
This will allow group 1 (1 = Internet[ALL]) to see the metadata (0=Visible) from the chosen source.  The table is updated, but the metadata still does not show up when searching for it.  However, it shows up in 'recent additions' on the main page.  I can click on the links there, and view the metadata no problem.  When I go in as admin and view the privileges, I can see that they have been updated by the SQL.  Clicking 'Submit' without changing any of the checkboxes fixes the problem and they become searchable.  Can anyone tell me what's going on here?  Is there another way?

Thanks,

Paul
Paul Grzeszczak
GIS Analyst / Programmer
Dept. of Earth Sciences
University of Windsor

Re: Changing privileges en masse

Roberto Giaccio
Ciao Paul,
privileges information are saved into the database and to the lucene
index when you modify them using GeoNetwork; if you change the
database outside GeoNetwork you have to tell lucene to reindex the
changed metadata; you can either:

1- stop GeoNetwork, delete the lucene indexes inside geonetwork/web/
WEB-INF/lucene and start GeoNetwork, so that it automatically rebuild
the all the lucene index, or

2- change the lastChangeDate field in the Metadata table for the
modified metadata, so that they are reindexed at the next restart
(for anyone interested, involved code is
org.fao.geonet.kernel.DataManager, line 114)

The "Recent additions" service uses the database and not the lucene

                                Roberto Giaccio