Changing pixel values of GDAL VRT

cl

Changing pixel values of GDAL VRT

cl
Is it possible to manipulate the pixel values of a GDAL VRT and, if so, how? The original data must remain unchanged.

I have a dataset which might be a bit rotated so that there are no data values on the edges. I use region growing to find that parts on the edge to not touch no data values in the actual area. I want to interpolate in the actual area in a next step. Sometimes I might have e.g. a very large dataset or ASCII data which can not be overwritten.

Re: Changing pixel values of GDAL VRT

Even Rouault-2
Le mardi 15 décembre 2015 17:23:44, cl a écrit :
> Is it possible to manipulate the pixel values of a GDAL VRT and, if so,
> how? The original data must remain unchanged.
>
> I have a dataset which might be a bit rotated so that there are no data
> values on the edges. I use region growing to find that parts on the edge to
> not touch no data values in the actual area. I want to interpolate in the
> actual area in a next step. Sometimes I might have e.g. a very large
> dataset or ASCII data which can not be overwritten.

So basically you'd want a http://gdal.org/nearblack.html that would work on
the fly ?

http://www.spatialys.com
cl

Re: Changing pixel values of GDAL VRT

cl
When use the nearblack tool I get: ERROR 1: Writing through VRTSourcedRasterBand is not supported.

Le jeudi 07 janvier 2016 10:51:00, cl a écrit :
> When use the nearblack tool I get: ERROR 1: Writing through
> VRTSourcedRasterBand is not supported.

Yes that's what I implied with my previous answer. nearblack only works on
"plain" output datasets with full random read-write capabilities (typically
GTiff, HFA).

http://www.spatialys.com