Changing menudata.xml to include an direct processing

Changing menudata.xml to include an direct processing

Franz Schiller
Greetings

I have sent this message to GRASS USERS mailing list but I realized that maybe this mailing list is more suitable. Please, could anyone answer me?

I'm making some addaptions in menudata.xml in order to have a few functions available more rapidly (for me). I wanted to have a menu-item (I know how to add it) that runs directly without opening any panel. This would mean that all parameterization would be in the xml. Is this possible?

Thanks

Berst regards,
Franz

Re: Changing menudata.xml to include an direct processing

Markus Neteler
On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Franz Schiller
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Greetings
> I have sent this message to GRASS USERS mailing list but I realized that
> maybe this mailing list is more suitable. Please, could anyone answer me?
> I'm making some addaptions in menudata.xml in order to have a few functions
> available more rapidly (for me). I wanted to have a menu-item (I know how to
> add it) that runs directly without opening any panel. This would mean that
> all parameterization would be in the xml. Is this possible?

Franz,

did you figure out how to do it? If so, please document it in the GRASS Wiki.

thanks
Markus

Re: Changing menudata.xml to include an direct processing

Franz Schiller
Since I I got no answers and I didn't figure this out, I gave up.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Greetings
> I have sent this message to GRASS USERS mailing list but I realized that
> maybe this mailing list is more suitable. Please, could anyone answer me?
> I'm making some addaptions in menudata.xml in order to have a few functions
> available more rapidly (for me). I wanted to have a menu-item (I know how to
> add it) that runs directly without opening any panel. This would mean that
> all parameterization would be in the xml. Is this possible?

Franz,

did you figure out how to do it? If so, please document it in the GRASS Wiki.

thanks
Markus

Re: Changing menudata.xml to include an direct processing

Martin Landa
Hi,

2010/8/17 Franz Schiller <[hidden email]>:
> Since I I got no answers and I didn't figure this out, I gave up.

do you mean e.g.

            <menuitem>
              <label>Show copyright</label>
              <help>Display copyright statement</help>
              <handler>RunMenuCmd</handler>
              <command>g.version -c</command>
            </menuitem>

It requires GRASS 6.5+.