Changing Topic Icons?

kerryr
Hi, everyone

Apologies in advance if this is a really stupid question, but I've searched here and Googled my fingers to the bone over the last three days, with no solution.

I need to change the icons that appear for the topic categories, I've tried changing ...\catalog\style\gn-icons.less but that's not working, and I can't find another file that seems related.

I faithfully promise to bash my own head against a wall if the solution is obvious and I've missed it, but any help would be gratefully (and desperately) appreciated.

Re: Changing Topic Icons?

Francois Prunayre

> Hi, everyone
>
> Apologies in advance if this is a really stupid question, but I've searched
> here and Googled my fingers to the bone over the last three days, with no
> solution.
>
> I need to change the icons that appear for the topic categories, I've tried
> changing ...\catalog\style\gn-icons.less but that's not working, and I
> can't
> find another file that seems related.

Maybe you need to clean the cache ? See
https://sourceforge.net/p/geonetwork/mailman/message/34507391/

Francois

> I faithfully promise to bash my own head against a wall if the solution is
> obvious and I've missed it, but any help would be gratefully (and
> desperately) appreciated.

Re: Changing Topic Icons?

kerryr
Thank you, Francois - that work perfectly!

> I faithfully promise to bash my own head against a wall if the solution is
> obvious and I've missed it,

Consider me head-desked, I should have found that.

Re: Changing Topic Icons?

e_beaulieu
I'm new to GeoNetwork and I'm having the same issue, but when I delete
the wro4j cache files, I get a blank page.

Re: Changing Topic Icons?

Lionel Menard
Hi, I decide for now to stick to the H2 database to prototype the new install V3.2.1.0 as I still have pb. with Postgres install as related here: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GN-V3-2-1-O-Clear-JS-amp-CSS-Cache-crashed-look-td5327776.html that is similar to this last post (e_beaulieu).

Regarding this Topic Icon, I successfully add a new category and a corresponding icon by adding the following line to the gn_icons.less file:
.gn-icon-gasolar:before { content: @fa-var-sun-o }
where "gasolar" is the ID of my new category with the proper translation is french and english for now and "sun-o" the name of the icon on the http://fontawesome.io web site.

Now I wonder what do I need to do to enable custom icon to be part of the category list as I already use such customized icon in my current GeoNetwork 2.8 install: http://geocatalog.webservice-energy.org/
By custom I mean icon I will create and host myself...

I did not find any clues on the mailing-list yet.

Thanks for your support.

Cheers,

Lionel