Changing Kinetic setting in OL3

Derek Watling
How does one access and work with the ol.interaction.DragPan kinetic property in OL3?

I am wanting to toggel between the default kinetic behaviour / none.

Re: Changing Kinetic setting in OL3

Alexandre Dubé
FYI, this is the OpenLayers 2 mailing list.  For OpenLayers 3 questions,
please use Stack Overflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/openlayers-3

This question already exists on Stack Overflow.  See:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29695816/openlayers-3-turn-off-smooth-scroll/29698755#29698755

Best regards,

Alexandre

On 16-03-15 08:02 AM, Derek Watling wrote:

> How does one access and work with the ol.interaction.DragPan kinetic property
> in OL3?
>
> I am wanting to toggel between the default kinetic behaviour / none.

Alexandre Dubé
T: +1 418-696-5056 #204
http://www.mapgears.com/

Re: Changing Kinetic setting in OL3

Derek Watling
Hi Alexandre

Thank you fro the info. I will direct future questions to the right forum.

Re: Changing Kinetic setting in OL3

Dheeraj Chand
Alexandre,

I was not aware that the list was specifically for OL2.

Is OL2 still being developed/supported?

-dx

On 16-03-15 11:02 AM, Dheeraj Chand wrote:
> Alexandre,
>
> I was not aware that the list was specifically for OL2.

It is.  See: http://openlayers.org/ at the bottom "Ask a question".
You'll get redirected to Stack Overflow.

> Is OL2 still being developed/supported?

Contributions are still welcome.  Fundings are required if you want to
have something developed or fixed.

HTH,

Alexandre

--
Alexandre Dubé
T: +1 418-696-5056 #203

Re: Changing Kinetic setting in OL3

Andreas Hocevar
However, it will be hard to find a reviewer for a pull request.

Andreas.

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 4:08 PM, Alexandre Dubé <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 16-03-15 11:02 AM, Dheeraj Chand wrote:
>>
>> Alexandre,
>>
>> I was not aware that the list was specifically for OL2.
>

> It is.  See: http://openlayers.org/ at the bottom "Ask a question". You'll
> get redirected to Stack Overflow.
>

>> Is OL2 still being developed/supported?
>

> Contributions are still welcome.  Fundings are required if you want to have
> something developed or fixed.
>
> HTH,
>
> Alexandre
>

> --
> Alexandre Dubé
> T: +1 418-696-5056 #203
> http://www.mapgears.com/

Re: Changing Kinetic setting in OL3

Dheeraj Chand
Granted, I took a few years away from geography to work on other things, but I am getting the sense that this OL3 project was a massive change, not only in codebase, but socially, as well.

The IRC channel on Freenode, which was once full of activity, is dead.

None of the same names seem to be showing up, it seems as if OL3 is a completely distinct beast.

And the list is explicitly for OL2, now.

Is there a history of this major version change that I don’t know about? I’d love to hear more about this.

-dx

> On Mar 15, 2016, at 10:21 AM, Andreas Hocevar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> However, it will be hard to find a reviewer for a pull request.
>
> Andreas.
>
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 4:08 PM, Alexandre Dubé <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On 16-03-15 11:02 AM, Dheeraj Chand wrote:
>>>
>>> Alexandre,
>>>
>>> I was not aware that the list was specifically for OL2.
>>

>> It is.  See: http://openlayers.org/ at the bottom "Ask a question". You'll
>> get redirected to Stack Overflow.
>>

>>> Is OL2 still being developed/supported?
>>

>> Contributions are still welcome.  Fundings are required if you want to have
>> something developed or fixed.
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Alexandre
>>

>> --
>> Alexandre Dubé
>> T: +1 418-696-5056 #203
>> http://www.mapgears.com/

Re: Changing Kinetic setting in OL3

Andreas Hocevar
Sorry to hear you're feeling disconnected when looking at OpenLayers 3.

From http://openlayers.org/two/: "OpenLayers 3 is a comprehensive
rewrite of the library [...]". It was kicked off witrh a crowd funding
effort and with funds from big Open Source geospatial players like
Boundless, camptocamp and swisstopo.

That said, you'll find some familiar concepts from OpenLayers 2 in the
new version, but there were very significant changes in the API and
the underlying architecture.

Socially, I think there is no relationship between having many users
on an IRC channel and the sanity of a project. Communication in Open
Source has changed. Not many projects continue to have mailing lists,
and not many have a dedicated IRC channel. Most of the discussion
activity is on Github, and most questions are answered on
stackoverflow.

So as one of the many developers who have been involved in both
OpenLayers 2 and OpenLayers 3, I invite you to give OpenLayers 3 a
chance. Don't try to compare it with its predecessor too much, and I
hope you'll like it.

Andreas.