Change units in location

Rich Shepard
   I've looked at the wiki and the *.region pages without finding an answer
to this issue.

   The projection of my project is:

name: NAD_1983_HARN_StatePlane_Oregon_North_FIPS_3601_Feet_Intl
datum: nad83harn
ellps: grs80
proj: lcc
lat_1: 44.33333333333334
lat_2: 46
lat_0: 43.66666666666666
lon_0: -120.5
x_0: 2500000
y_0: 0
no_defs: defined

with projection units of:

unit: Foot
units: Feet
meters: 0.3048

   Most of the modules I run in my hydrologic analysis use feet without
complaint. However, to apply Laurent's Ixzi the input units need to be
metric. I'd like advice and suggestions on how to accommodate this need with
the existing location, mapsets, and vector/raster maps. Alternatively, if a
new location needs to be created how I would specify its parameters.

TIA,

Rich

Re: Change units in location

Mark Seibel
Hi.

 I'd like advice and suggestions on how to accommodate this need with
the existing location, mapsets, and vector/raster maps. Alternatively, if a
new location needs to be created how I would specify its parameters.

The location's projection is static (AFAIK). If you create a new projection, you can project data into the new location with units of meters.

EPSG 2838 is oregon north nad83/harn with horizontal units of meters.

Mark

Re: Change units in location

Rich Shepard
On Wed, 28 Sep 2016, Mark Seibel wrote:

> The location's projection is static (AFAIK).

Mark,

   As far as I know, too.

> EPSG 2838 is oregon north nad83/harn with horizontal units of meters.
> http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/2838/

   I did not find that in my searches of EPSG codes. That'll do the job,
thanks.

Rich

Re: Change units in location

Rich Shepard
On Wed, 28 Sep 2016, Rich Shepard wrote:

> I did not find that in my searches of EPSG codes. That'll do the job,
> thanks.

   Following your pointer I see why I missed recognizing that EPSG 2838 was
what I wanted: the projection formats do not include the units of measure.
When I looked at all Oregon North projections I saw that the name for EPSG
2913 explicitly includes (ft). Ergo, if the units are not mentioned they
must be SI (meters).

   Thanks for the lesson, Mark!

Rich