Change qgis python 3.5 to python 3.6 or 3.7

Change qgis python 3.5 to python 3.6 or 3.7

Kyle Felipe Vieira Roberto
Hi! im Kyle Felipe, from Minas Gerais - Brasil...
I have installed qgis on my pc, with debian stretch..
So, qgis is using python 3.5.3 (default from OS), and some plugins need python 3.6 to run...
how can i change the python from qgis

Kyle Felipe
Vida longa e próspera!
May the forçe be with you...
#ThinkFree

Re: Change qgis python 3.5 to python 3.6 or 3.7

Patrick Dunford-2

Debian does not supply packages for a later version for compatibility/stability reasons, in that it is the latest version that has been passed as stable according to their release criteria.

If you change the Debian repository you are using to testing just to install python you may be able to get a later release subject to risks it may create issues with other software.

Debian 10 will be released in about three months so upgrading your system ahead of that release is another option that will give you version 3.7 of python.