Change default view dependent some criteria

Change default view dependent some criteria

Jo Cook
Hi List,

I've a requirement to create a stripped down metadata editing view for a sub-group of users of a geonetwork 3.4 catalog. This is fine, I can follow the instructions at https://www.geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/3.4.x/en/customizing-application/editor-ui/creating-custom-editor.html#creating-custom-editor-views).

What I'd like to be able to do is to make this view the default in some cases, eg when a particular template is used, or when the user is a member of a particular group. Is that possible?

Thanks

Jo

--
Jo Cook
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

--

Reserve your conference place now:
Bristol 26 Sept | Leeds 3rd October

Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com twitter:@astuntech

Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.

Re: Change default view dependent some criteria

delawen
Hi Jo,

We would need some development to have that, but it would be a very nice to have thing!

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 4:11 PM Jo Cook <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Francois Prunayre
Hi Jo,

you could have a view displayed in the menu depending on user session or a record property using xpath
eg.
  <view name="sextant"
upAndDownControlHidden="true"
displayIfRecord="contains(
gmd:MD_Metadata/gmd:metadataStandardName/gco:CharacterString,
'ISO 19115:2003/19139 - SEXTANT')">
then when the editor form is opened, you want to define the tab to open by default depending on some rules. This can be done in here https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/master/web-ui/src/main/resources/catalog/js/edit/EditorController.js#L203-L212

HTH

Francois