Ceres solver?

Chris Cooper
Hi,

Thanks for open sourcing this great project!

I notice that bundler has support for Ceres, but not the version that's used in OpenDroneMap.  Is there a reason for this?  Has any testing been done with Ceres in OpenDroneMap?  The bundler readme indicates that performance can be better for large problems.

https://github.com/snavely/bundler_sfm/blob/master/CHANGELOG
https://github.com/snavely/bundler_sfm/blob/master/README.md

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Ceres solver?

Stephen Mather-2
Very interesting, Chris,

We'll have to look into this. If you have the urge to try this, we'll
always accept pull requests :)

Thanks,
Best,
Steve

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 5:08 AM, Chris Cooper <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for open sourcing this great project!
>
> I notice that bundler has support for Ceres, but not the version that's used
> in OpenDroneMap.  Is there a reason for this?  Has any testing been done
> with Ceres in OpenDroneMap?  The bundler readme indicates that performance
> can be better for large problems.
>
> https://github.com/snavely/bundler_sfm/blob/master/CHANGELOG
> https://github.com/snavely/bundler_sfm/blob/master/README.md
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Re: Ceres solver?

Chris Cooper
Hi Steve,

I've put something here in case others are interested in testing...
https://github.com/OpenDroneMap/OpenDroneMap/pull/123

Probably best to have any follow up discussions on the PR.

Chris

On 27 June 2015 at 03:40, Stephen Mather <[hidden email]> wrote:
Very interesting, Chris,

We'll have to look into this. If you have the urge to try this, we'll
always accept pull requests :)

Thanks,
Best,
Steve

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 5:08 AM, Chris Cooper <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for open sourcing this great project!
>
> I notice that bundler has support for Ceres, but not the version that's used
> in OpenDroneMap.  Is there a reason for this?  Has any testing been done
> with Ceres in OpenDroneMap?  The bundler readme indicates that performance
> can be better for large problems.
>
> https://github.com/snavely/bundler_sfm/blob/master/CHANGELOG
> https://github.com/snavely/bundler_sfm/blob/master/README.md
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Re: Ceres solver?

Stephen Mather-2
Sounds great Chris. I have read the pull request through, and it looks
great. I'm hoping to test today.

Thanks!
Best,
Steve