Cannot search metadata in Japanese

Akira Sugawara
Hi all

I am translating geonetwork into Japanese now.
I input metadata in Japanese and confirmed that it was displayed in Japanese after save
definitely. Japanese data are stored in UTF-8 in a database.
However, I cannot search metadata in Japanese.

http://ncm.dip.jp:8089/geonetwork201/srv/ja/main.search?
extended=off&remote=off&attrset=geo&any=%E3%83%86%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88&hitsPerPage=10
Aggregate Results matching search criteria :   0

Is there the cause for encodeing of Japanese data which inputed for search´╝č

Regards

Akira Sugawara

Re: Cannot search metadata in Japanese

crayco
I had the same problem with french characters...
To problem is in the tomcat config files.
By default, tomcat will make all http request (like searching) into iso-8859-1.
So you need to specify tomcat to do it in utf-8

tomcatdir/conf/server.xml
add this parameter ---   URIEncoding="UTF-8"   ----
to your <connector ....... /> tag

That's it!