Cannot Install the Scripting Extension

Martin Lacayo
Hello,

I am trying to install the nightly 15-Aug-2015 2.7.x build of
GeoServer with the Scripting Extension on a 64-bit Debian 8 server
with Java 1.7.0_79 and Tomcat 8.0.14. I followed these without
success.

http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/community/scripting/installation.html

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you,
Martin

Here is an excerpt from the log:

2015-08-17 11:09:47,700 WARN [support.DisposableBeanAdapter] -
Invocation of destroy method failed on bean with name
'geoServerLoader': java.lang.NullPointerException
2015-08-17 11:09:47,701 ERROR [context.ContextLoader] - Context
initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'secureCatalog' defined in URL
[jar:file:/var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/geoserver-test/WEB-INF/lib/gs-main-2.7-SNAPSHOT.jar!/applicationContext.xml]:
Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not
instantiate bean class [org.geoserver.security.SecureCatalogImpl]:
Constructor threw exception; nested exception is
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:288)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1035)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:939)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:485)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:294)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:225)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:291)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:193)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:607)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:925)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:472)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.configureAndRefreshWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:388)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:293)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:111)
at org.geoserver.platform.GeoServerContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(GeoServerContextLoaderListener.java:23)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4797)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5221)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:724)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:700)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:714)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:919)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1703)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could
not instantiate bean class [org.geoserver.security.SecureCatalogImpl]:
Constructor threw exception; nested exception is
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:162)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:121)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:280)
... 28 more
at org.geoserver.security.impl.DefaultResourceAccessManager.buildAuthorizationTree(DefaultResourceAccessManager.java:140)
at org.geoserver.security.impl.DefaultResourceAccessManager.<init>(DefaultResourceAccessManager.java:87)
at org.geoserver.security.SecureCatalogImpl.buildDefaultResourceAccessManager(SecureCatalogImpl.java:108)
at org.geoserver.security.SecureCatalogImpl.lookupResourceAccessManager(SecureCatalogImpl.java:96)
at org.geoserver.security.SecureCatalogImpl.<init>(SecureCatalogImpl.java:80)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:147)
... 30 more

Re: Cannot Install the Scripting Extension

jody.garnett
This one is a community module (so not subject to the same QA and packaging as the rest of GeoServer). That said this looks like a security/integration error so I am not sure where to start.

Searching through the codebase (https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/search?utf8=✓&q=secureCatalog) shows that secureCatalog is defined by the main module (and should be available if the application has been able to start).

Could I ask you to report the issue and we will see if we can learn more.

--
Jody Garnett

On 17 August 2015 at 06:38, Martin Lacayo <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Jody,

Thank you for your response. I have created an issue here:

https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOS-7173

Cheers,
Martin