Can we create a layer from the datatable returned by storedprocedure

Can we create a layer from the datatable returned by storedprocedure

T.kiran kumar reddy
Dear all,

    Is there any possibility to create a layer at run time from the data table which is returned from stored procedure.If yes please explain how to do or please share some sample code snipnets how to do that. I am using mapguide 2011 enterprise edition, sqlserver 2008r2 and asp.net as programming.

Regards
T.kiran

Re: Can we create a layer from the datatable returned by storedprocedure

Jackie Ng
No you cannot create layers from stored procedures or anything that isn't a table or view.

- Jackie

Re: Can we create a layer from the datatable returned by storedprocedure

GordonL
why not create a view that points the the stored procedure?

Re: Can we create a layer from the datatable returned by storedprocedure

GordonL
why not create a view that points the the stored procedure?

Re: Can we create a layer from the datatable returned by storedprocedure

T.kiran kumar reddy
Thanks for your reply.

   But if i create a view by joining two tables  or stored procedure in view maps are coming fine but i am unable to select any property selection is not working properly. Is there any solution for this?

Regards
T.krian

Re: Can we create a layer from the datatable returned by storedprocedure

GordonL
yes, you need to create an index on one the  columns, so MapGuide 'knows' what the index is.

if you can't index, you can't select.