[Can't communicate with GeoServer: port 8000 vs 8080][Geonode 2.10 in Development Mode]

[Can't communicate with GeoServer: port 8000 vs 8080][Geonode 2.10 in Development Mode]

tomasjuanlink
Hi all,

I've just installed successfully GeoNode 2.10rc4 for development.
After running paver start I can enter GeoNode app, and also GeoServer app if I put the correct URL in the browser. But the comunication between GeoNode and GeoServer is not working. I cannot see from GeoNode any layers uploaded, and when I try to enter GeoServer from the link in GeoNode, it fails to redirect because it's going to port 8000, and GeoServer is in port 8080.

Is there any proxy configuration for django that i'm missing?

Thanks in advance,

Tomás

--

Tomás Juan Link

Software Developer

+54 (11) 4342-2976/84

www.spacesur.com

Re: [Can't communicate with GeoServer: port 8000 vs 8080][Geonode 2.10 in Development Mode]

juliermeopensourcedeveloper
Hi Tomas,

What GeoNode installation method are you using?

In your local_settings.py, see if this change can help you:

# Comment the lines
#GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_PORT = os.getenv(
#    'GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_PORT', SITE_HOST_PORT
#)
# Add the lines
GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_PORT = os.getenv(
    'GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_PORT', '8080'
)
I hope it helps

Julierme

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 4:48 PM Tomas Link <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Julierme,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using this guide, more or less: http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/install_and_admin/quick_install.html#ubuntu-for-development
In Ubuntu 16.04 and the tag from 2.10rc4.
I had to make a couple of changes to make work the paver setup command. But I successfully started GeoNode after that.
GeoServer is wroking well also, in port 8080.

I don't have the variable GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_PORT declared in my settings.py.
I tried add that one in the settings.py as you suggested but the problem is still there.

I debbuged the code in geonode/proxy/views.py, in the "proxy" function and what I can see is that, for every request, redirects to host:port{locator} where locator = '/geoserver/' in this case, and host and port are the the ones from GeoNode. The request parameter holds correctly the host:8080/geoserver URL, but this code always redirects to the same host and port of GeoNode.

I don't had this problem when I deployed 2.8 for production, because Apache Server redirects geoserver requests to port 8080 correctly. But in this development environment, I don't know how we must handle that.

El mar., 16 abr. 2019 a las 17:41, 1520 gis (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

toni_schoenbuchner
Hi Tomás,

have you tried setting 8080 here?

I do know of the problem with wrong redirect to geoserver from the top nav menu
but had never problems with uploading / viewing of layers.

Cheers,

Toni

Hi all,

I've just installed successfully GeoNode 2.10rc4 for development.
After running paver start I can enter GeoNode app, and also GeoServer app
if I put the correct URL in the browser. But the comunication between
GeoNode and GeoServer is not working. I cannot see from GeoNode any layers
uploaded, and when I try to enter GeoServer from the link in GeoNode, it
fails to redirect because it's going to port 8000, and GeoServer is in port
8080.

Is there any proxy configuration for django that i'm missing?

Thanks in advance,

Tomás

--

Tomás Juan Link

Software Developer

+54 (11) 4342-2976/84

www.spacesur.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Message: 2

Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 18:16:22 -0300
From: Tomas Link <[hidden email]>
To: 1520 gis <[hidden email]>
Cc: geonode-users <[hidden email]>

[hidden email]>) escribió:

Hi Tomas,

What GeoNode installation method are you using?

In your local_settings.py, see if this change can help you:

*# **C**omment the line**s*#GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_PORT = os.getenv(#    'GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_PORT', *SITE_HOST_PORT*#)*# Add the lines*GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_PORT = os.getenv(    'GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_PORT', '*8080*')