Can I style a line based on a node's m value within the line

Can I style a line based on a node's m value within the line

C Hamilton
Is it possible to style a line in QGIS based on the value of each node's m or z value within the line? If the m value represents a geophysical value than styling the line based on each node's intensity would be really nice.

Thanks,

Calvin

Re: Can I style a line based on a node's m value within the line

Jorge Gustavo Rocha-3

Hi Calvin,

If you have points, you can use the m value to style them (using the expression m($geometry)). For a line, how would you like to symbolize the line between two consecutive nodes? By interpolating the values of two consecutive nodes?

In JOSM, I really enjoy the GPS tracks symbolized with different colors, depending on the speed, for example.

You are asking for something like this [1]?

Regards,

Jorge Gustavo

[1] https://geomaster.pt/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/josm-with-track.png

Às 19:52 de 06/06/19, C Hamilton escreveu:
Is it possible to style a line in QGIS based on the value of each node's m or z value within the line? If the m value represents a geophysical value than styling the line based on each node's intensity would be really nice.

Thanks,

Calvin

Logo   Geomaster, LDA
  VENHA DESCOBRIR O CAMINHO DO OPEN SOURCE CONNOSCO

Avenida Barros e Soares
N.º 423, 4715-214 Braga
VAT/NIF
510 906 109
Phone
  +351 253 680 323
Site       geomaster.pt
GPS       41.53322, -8.41929

Jorge Gustavo Rocha

CTO

Mobile
  +351 910 333 888
Email    [hidden email]

Re: Can I style a line based on a node's m value within the line

Anita Graser

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 1:21 AM Jorge Gustavo Rocha <[hidden email]> wrote:

In JOSM, I really enjoy the GPS tracks symbolized with different colors, depending on the speed, for example.

You are asking for something like this [1]?

Regards,
Anita

cropped-geomaster300x300-1.png (45K) Download Attachment

Re: Can I style a line based on a node's m value within the line

C Hamilton
Thanks Anita,

This looks like what I am looking for. I knew that there had to be some method with the Geometry Generator that would work, but I was not sure how to accomplish it.

Calvin