Call for vote on RFC 42 HTTP Cookie Forwarding

Call for vote on RFC 42 HTTP Cookie Forwarding

Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Hi,

I added an Implementation Issues section in the RFC that mention the
encoding and the bad use of the metatdata.

I would like to call for a vote on RFC-42 HTTP Cookie Forwarding
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-42/

I'll start with +1 (note that I'm not part of the PSC and that vote
doesn't really count)
--
Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Mapgears

Re: Call for vote on RFC 42 HTTP Cookie Forwarding

Frank Warmerdam
Julien-Samuel Lacroix wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I added an Implementation Issues section in the RFC that mention the
> encoding and the bad use of the metatdata.
>
> I would like to call for a vote on RFC-42 HTTP Cookie Forwarding
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-42/
>
> I'll start with +1 (note that I'm not part of the PSC and that vote
> doesn't really count)

+1

Re: Call for vote on RFC 42 HTTP Cookie Forwarding

Jeff McKenna-2

> Julien-Samuel Lacroix wrote:
>> I would like to call for a vote on RFC-42 HTTP Cookie Forwarding
>> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-42/

I have followed the discussions, and have no opinion (vote "0")...but I
do volunteer to document this when time comes.

-jeff

Re: Call for vote on RFC 42 HTTP Cookie Forwarding

Perry Nacionales
Julien-Samuel Lacroix wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I added an Implementation Issues section in the RFC that mention the
> encoding and the bad use of the metatdata.
>
> I would like to call for a vote on RFC-42 HTTP Cookie Forwarding
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-42/
>
> I'll start with +1 (note that I'm not part of the PSC and that vote
> doesn't really count)
I vote +0 on this.  I realize it can be very important for OWS
implementers but I'm not sure if we have fully assessed the potential
security issues here or any other options to implement cookie
forwarding.  I guess what I'm saying is that I don't know enough to have
an opinion one way or other.

-Perry

Re: Call for vote on RFC 42 HTTP Cookie Forwarding

Daniel Morissette
Julien-Samuel Lacroix wrote:

> I would like to call for a vote on RFC-42 HTTP Cookie Forwarding
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-42/

+1

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/

RE: Call for vote on RFC 42 HTTP Cookie Forwarding

Kralidis,Tom [Ontario]

+1

..Tom

Re: Call for vote on RFC 42 HTTP Cookie Forwarding

Yewondwossen Assefa
+1
Julien-Samuel Lacroix wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I added an Implementation Issues section in the RFC that mention the
> encoding and the bad use of the metatdata.
>
> I would like to call for a vote on RFC-42 HTTP Cookie Forwarding
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-42/
>
> I'll start with +1 (note that I'm not part of the PSC and that vote
> doesn't really count)

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: [hidden email]
http://www.dmsolutions.ca/

Phone: (613) 565-5056 (ext 14)
Fax:   (613) 565-0925

Re: Call for vote on RFC 42 HTTP Cookie Forwarding

Daniel Morissette
RFC-42 has been adopted with +1 from FrankW, DanielM, TomK and AssefaY,
and +0 from JeffM and PericlesN.

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette