Call for volunteers for self hosted / workshop sessions during SotM Online 2020

Call for volunteers for self hosted / workshop sessions during SotM Online 2020

Enock Seth Nyamador-2
Hell All,

As part of the upcoming SotM Online conference we need volunteers to lead or organize a workshop / session on OSGeo + OSM; we have long participated in SOTM and thanks  to Astrid for 2 great presentations from last year's SotM in Heidelberg

Kindly visit the wiki page [1] to sign up as a volunteer and also what you can support with.

I have also added a Lightning Talk on OSGeo + OSM[2], haven't this 5 minutes video yet though.

Best,
--
-Enock

Re: Call for volunteers for self hosted / workshop sessions during SotM Online 2020

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello Enock,

thanks a lot for working on that topic.

As I understood the SotM it is only 4/5 July.

How much time is needed for a session?

I like the topics
     Get to know OSGeo?
     How OSGeo and OpenStreetMap are connected?

maybe also a session on OSGeoLive?

Looks like I will have no time at the upcoming weekend. But maybe we can
reach out to Discuss list to find other volunteers?

Astrid

Am 30.06.2020 00:03 schrieb Enock Seth Nyamador:

> Hell All,
>
> As part of the upcoming SotM Online conference we need volunteers to
> lead or organize a workshop / session on OSGeo + OSM; we have long
> participated in SOTM and thanks  to Astrid for 2 great presentations
> from last year's SotM in Heidelberg
>
> Kindly visit the wiki page [1] to sign up as a volunteer and also what
> you can support with.
>
> I have also added a Lightning Talk on OSGeo + OSM[2], haven't this 5
> minutes video yet though.
>
> 1. https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SotM_Online_2020 [1]
> 2.
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_2020/registration_lightning_talks
> [2]
>
> Best,
>
> --
>
> -Enock
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SotM_Online_2020
> [2]
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_2020/registration_lightning_talks

Re: Call for volunteers for self hosted / workshop sessions during SotM Online 2020

Enock Seth Nyamador-2
Thanks, Astrid, SOTM main conference is 4/5 July but self-hosted session starts from 3 to 6 July and are flexible to run, we decide when and how long to run a session. Forwarding this mail to discuss. Introduction to OSGeoLive added.

Am Di., 30. Juni 2020 um 06:01 Uhr schrieb Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]>:
Hello Enock,

thanks a lot for working on that topic.

As I understood the SotM it is only 4/5 July.

How much time is needed for a session?

I like the topics
     Get to know OSGeo?
     How OSGeo and OpenStreetMap are connected?

maybe also a session on OSGeoLive?

Looks like I will have no time at the upcoming weekend. But maybe we can
reach out to Discuss list to find other volunteers?

Astrid

Am 30.06.2020 00:03 schrieb Enock Seth Nyamador:
> Hell All,
>
> As part of the upcoming SotM Online conference we need volunteers to
> lead or organize a workshop / session on OSGeo + OSM; we have long
> participated in SOTM and thanks  to Astrid for 2 great presentations
> from last year's SotM in Heidelberg
>
> Kindly visit the wiki page [1] to sign up as a volunteer and also what
> you can support with.
>
> I have also added a Lightning Talk on OSGeo + OSM[2], haven't this 5
> minutes video yet though.
>
> 1. https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SotM_Online_2020 [1]
> 2.
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_2020/registration_lightning_talks
> [2]
>
> Best,
>
> --
>
> -Enock
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SotM_Online_2020
> [2]
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_2020/registration_lightning_talks

-Enock

Re: Call for volunteers for self hosted / workshop sessions during SotM Online 2020

Enock Seth Nyamador-2
Just a quick update. I am leading a self-organized session "Introduction to OSGeo & Using OpenStreetMap data in QGIS" on Sunday July 5, 2020 from 19:00 to 20:00 UTC. Kindly visit wiki [1] for updates and join if available.

Best,
-E

Am Di., 30. Juni 2020 um 23:08 Uhr schrieb Enock Seth Nyamador <[hidden email]>:
Thanks, Astrid, SOTM main conference is 4/5 July but self-hosted session starts from 3 to 6 July and are flexible to run, we decide when and how long to run a session. Forwarding this mail to discuss. Introduction to OSGeoLive added.

Am Di., 30. Juni 2020 um 06:01 Uhr schrieb Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]>:
Hello Enock,

thanks a lot for working on that topic.

As I understood the SotM it is only 4/5 July.

How much time is needed for a session?

I like the topics
     Get to know OSGeo?
     How OSGeo and OpenStreetMap are connected?

maybe also a session on OSGeoLive?

Looks like I will have no time at the upcoming weekend. But maybe we can
reach out to Discuss list to find other volunteers?

Astrid

Am 30.06.2020 00:03 schrieb Enock Seth Nyamador:
> Hell All,
>
> As part of the upcoming SotM Online conference we need volunteers to
> lead or organize a workshop / session on OSGeo + OSM; we have long
> participated in SOTM and thanks  to Astrid for 2 great presentations
> from last year's SotM in Heidelberg
>
> Kindly visit the wiki page [1] to sign up as a volunteer and also what
> you can support with.
>
> I have also added a Lightning Talk on OSGeo + OSM[2], haven't this 5
> minutes video yet though.
>
> 1. https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SotM_Online_2020 [1]
> 2.
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_2020/registration_lightning_talks
> [2]
>
> Best,
>
> --
>
> -Enock
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SotM_Online_2020
> [2]
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_2020/registration_lightning_talks

-Enock

--
-Enock

Re: Call for volunteers for self hosted / workshop sessions during SotM Online 2020

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello Enouck,

great!

I am right now watching SotM opening :) Very exciting.

Shall we promote this on Discuss mailing list and twiter?

Feel free to do it.

I plan to come around tomorrow to your session :)

Astrid

Am 04.07.2020 10:18 schrieb Enock Seth Nyamador:

> Just a quick update. I am leading a self-organized session
> "Introduction to OSGeo & Using OpenStreetMap data in QGIS" on Sunday
> July 5, 2020 from 19:00 to 20:00 UTC. Kindly visit wiki [1] for
> updates and join if available.
>
> 1.
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SotM_Online_2020#OSGeo_Marketing_Participation
> [4]
>
> Best,
> -E
>
> Am Di., 30. Juni 2020 um 23:08 Uhr schrieb Enock Seth Nyamador
> <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Thanks, Astrid, SOTM main conference is 4/5 July but self-hosted
>> session starts from 3 to 6 July and are flexible to run, we decide
>> when and how long to run a session. Forwarding this mail to discuss.
>> Introduction to OSGeoLive added.
>>
>> Am Di., 30. Juni 2020 um 06:01 Uhr schrieb Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
>> <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> Hello Enock,
>>>
>>> thanks a lot for working on that topic.
>>>
>>> As I understood the SotM it is only 4/5 July.
>>>
>>> How much time is needed for a session?
>>>
>>> I like the topics
>>> Get to know OSGeo?
>>> How OSGeo and OpenStreetMap are connected?
>>>
>>> maybe also a session on OSGeoLive?
>>>
>>> Looks like I will have no time at the upcoming weekend. But maybe
>>> we can
>>> reach out to Discuss list to find other volunteers?
>>>
>>> Astrid

>>> volunteers to
>>> long
>>> presentations

>>> also what

>>> this 5

> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_2020/registration_lightning_talks
>>> [2]

> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_2020/registration_lightning_talks
>>> [2]

>> --
>>
>> -Enock
>
> --
>
> -Enock
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SotM_Online_2020
> [2]
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_2020/registration_lightning_talks
> [4]
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SotM_Online_2020#OSGeo_Marketing_Participation

Re: Call for volunteers for self hosted / workshop sessions during SotM Online 2020

Enock Seth Nyamador-2
Sure! Will share soon.

Best,
-Enock