Call for hosting our Global FOSS4G Conference in 2020

Call for hosting our Global FOSS4G Conference in 2020

Till Adams-3
Dear OSGeo community,

we all know that the Dar-Team recently finished a successful and great
FOSS4G 2018 event in Dar Es Salaam. A pleasure for anyone who had the
opportunity to go there, too bad for all those who couldn't attend.

But the world continues to turn, with one OSGeo-focus on Bucharest 2019,
the venue for the upcoming FOSS4G next year. In order to give the team
that will host the global FOSS4G conference in North America in 2020
enough time to prepare a great event, we, OSGeo's conference committee,
are *now* launching the *call to host FOSS4G 2020*.

We hope that some teams are already in the starting blocks and can't
wait to apply. Always keep in mind that all the work that comes with
preparation is quickly forgotten, but the beautiful memories of a FOSS4G
in your city will last a lifetime (and as already said last year: Make
your barkeepers happy ;-)) !!!

So, don't hesitate, don't wait any longer, get to the keys and get on
with your "Letter of Intent" until 28. of September 2018. All essential
guidelines and dates can be found on the OSGeo WIKI [1] as well as in
the RfP document [2]. If you have any questions, please contact the
OSGeo Conference Committee via this list (joining this list is very
useful when planning to bid anyway).

One final remark: We are currently considering the possibility of
submitting the final proposals in advance and publishing them at the
same time directly after the submission period is over. I will give you
some notes on this if you will be asked to submit a full proposal.

Have a nice weekend to all of you!

Till (Chair of OSGeo's CC)

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2020_Bid_Process

[2]
https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/rfp/2020/FOSS4G2020-request-for-proposal.pdf

Re: Call for hosting our Global FOSS4G Conference in 2020

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Till, CC,

To clarify, your email says that the LoI is due 28 Sept, but the RFP and
wiki say 5 October; we'll use the dates in the RFP of course, but this
should be clarified for all, just in case.

-Karine & Jeff
FOSS4G-HFX 2020 co-chairs

On 2018-09-14 10:08 AM, Till Adams wrote:

> Dear OSGeo community,
>
> we all know that the Dar-Team recently finished a successful and great
> FOSS4G 2018 event in Dar Es Salaam. A pleasure for anyone who had the
> opportunity to go there, too bad for all those who couldn't attend.
>
> But the world continues to turn, with one OSGeo-focus on Bucharest 2019,
> the venue for the upcoming FOSS4G next year. In order to give the team
> that will host the global FOSS4G conference in North America in 2020
> enough time to prepare a great event, we, OSGeo's conference committee,
> are *now* launching the *call to host FOSS4G 2020*.
>
> We hope that some teams are already in the starting blocks and can't
> wait to apply. Always keep in mind that all the work that comes with
> preparation is quickly forgotten, but the beautiful memories of a FOSS4G
> in your city will last a lifetime (and as already said last year: Make
> your barkeepers happy ;-)) !!!
>
> So, don't hesitate, don't wait any longer, get to the keys and get on
> with your "Letter of Intent" until 28. of September 2018. All essential
> guidelines and dates can be found on the OSGeo WIKI [1] as well as in
> the RfP document [2]. If you have any questions, please contact the
> OSGeo Conference Committee via this list (joining this list is very
> useful when planning to bid anyway).
>
> One final remark: We are currently considering the possibility of
> submitting the final proposals in advance and publishing them at the
> same time directly after the submission period is over. I will give you
> some notes on this if you will be asked to submit a full proposal.
>

> Have a nice weekend to all of you!
>
> Till (Chair of OSGeo's CC)
>

> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2020_Bid_Process
>
> [2]
> https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/rfp/2020/FOSS4G2020-request-for-proposal.pdf

Re: Call for hosting our Global FOSS4G Conference in 2020

Till Adams-3
Dear list,

sorry for my fault. I wrote that the deadline for handing in the LoI's
is 28th of September.

To clarify: All dates as mentioned in the RfP document are correct. I
will correct the WIKI ASAP.

Deadline for LoI is the 5th of October.

Sorry again,

Till